PDA

View Full Version : You can bet whenever someone starts looking for something, a beast will appear.

rmschneider104
02-20-2002, 03:42 PM
Very cool observation. I had never thought of that, but it does make some sense.

Capt_Fantastic
02-20-2002, 03:58 PM
And when the rancor appears, Luke's looking for a way out!

Matt_Fury
02-20-2002, 09:20 PM
When the Sarlaac appears....Han's just looking for ANYTHING! images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Muftak
02-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Hmmmm....here's a stumper to make or break your theory...

What are they looking for during the Naboo Parade (featuring quite a few Gungan beasts) at the end of TPM?

(and don't cop out and say "Amidala")

JesseJames
02-20-2002, 11:48 PM
If I recall the concensus at the time...

A good review in the newspaper...

(I liked E1 for the record)

Inigo_Montoya
02-21-2002, 01:52 AM
Last night I had an idea. In Star Wars, whenever there's a beast on screen, someone's looking for something. In TPM, all the fish dudes appear when Gui-Gon's trying to find a way through the planet core. In ANH, ya got the Dewbacks when the Sandtroopers(Empire) are lookin' for the Droids, Banthas when Luke's trying to find Artoo, and The Dianoga when Luke and co. are trying to find a way out of the trash compacter. In TESB there's the Tauntaun and Wampa as Luke's searching for the fallen Probe Droid. And so on and so fourth............ images/icons/smile.gif

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: dogdude ]

02-21-2002, 08:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Muftak:
Hmmmm....here's a stumper to make or break your theory...

What are they looking for during the Naboo Parade (featuring quite a few Gungan beasts) at the end of TPM?

(and don't cop out and say "Amidala")<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They found it...the big shiny globe, and "PEACE !!!"

Muftak
02-21-2002, 10:59 AM
I equate that answer to the same as "Amidala" (since she was holding it, they knew she was holding it, it wasn't like a game of hide-n-seek, etc etc) and is therefore not acceptable.

In truth, ANY scene in ANY movie (except for maybe Andy Warhol's) is going to have someone looking for something, right? I mean we're not watching the movie to see some slobs stand a round doing nothing...

Capt_Fantastic
02-21-2002, 12:16 PM
Does this thory apply to EVERY time a beast appears, or just the first time a beast appears....'cuz all the beasts in the parade had appeared before. Just wondering?

TwistedCustoms
02-21-2002, 05:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JesseJames:
If I recall the concensus at the time...

A good review in the newspaper...

(I liked E1 for the record)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

k...I was getting scared at all the agreeing. Thank you Jesse for totally disagreeing with me. I didn't like E1, and that is putting it................kindly. HAHA

Dis is gonna be messy. Me no watch

...almighty

images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/wink.gif

Capt_Fantastic
02-22-2002, 10:12 AM
The omly thing I could think of for the parade scene, is the last Sith Lord. I dunno...at least I took it seriously

03-04-2002, 11:31 AM
I would count gungans as creatures more than beasts. even if gungan were proper beasts, then i dont think they would be looking for anything. Or if an EU writer saw this thread then they would write about some money dropping out of Jar Jars pocket when he has trouble getting off the beast he was on.... images/icons/grin.gif

No I dont know what they are looking for in the celebration scenes in TPM images/icons/smile.gif

LandotheScoundrel
03-05-2002, 01:19 AM
Characters in a story are always looking for something. Its called motivation. Ben was looking for the tractor beam power coupling and there was no beast. Leia and Chewy were looking for Luke under cloud city and there was no beast. I think you're overanalyzing. And I think the Rancor was looking....for a meal.