PDA

View Full Version : Do lightsabers cast shadows?

SithLordAaron
01-03-2002, 05:15 PM
I was watching the Trilogy today and while watching Jedi, I saw the sabers casting shadows during the end fight scene. When they had actual blades on the sabers the shadows were there, but in the very next scene after Luke cut off Vader's hand right before he turns off his saber there was no shadow from the blade. Just thought it was funny to see that.

While on the original Trilogy subject, wouldn't it be cool if they had both the original version and the Special Edition version DVD? A two disc set to see it whichever way you wanted. Just a crazy idea? What do you think?

01-03-2002, 05:49 PM
Whenever Im watching that scene with someone that hasnīt seen it I always try to distract him so he doesnīt notice that horrible error...

Inigo_Montoya
01-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Well, the OT should be two discs, but only one for the movie. The second disc would be saved for extras, like with TPM DVD. On the movie disc, on the main screen it should have the options of viewing in either ORIGINAL or SPECIAL EDITION. images/icons/smile.gif

01-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Not that I've seen.

JesseJames
01-03-2002, 10:33 PM
I think it was Adam Pawlus who I first saw mention something about a 3 version DVD set. It would have the trilogy as it originally was, then the Special Edition, then the New Special edition that keeps being rumored (to tie the trilogy to the prequels more)

That would be best IMO, and it would have some other features as well. I'd wager it would be pricey but worth it. I don't even own a DVD player, but that would warrant buying one images/icons/smile.gif