PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I can see the cut Vader/Emperor's Guard scene?

12-25-2001, 12:49 AM
You know the one that was cut from ROTJ, Vader fought two of the Emperor's Royal Guards because they wouldn't admit him into his chambers. It sounds like a real cool scene and would like to download it somewhere.

_DJ_
12-27-2001, 09:23 AM
I can't recall ever hearing about this scene before. Where did you hear about it?

And yes if any one knows more about it, PLEASE let us know. Sound like one hell of a Vader kicking ***** scene that should never have been cut. images/icons/grin.gif

_DJ_
12-27-2001, 10:43 AM
I found this scene description in an early draft of ROTJ, back when it was titled "Revenge Of The Jedi".

Scene 68

INT. DEATHSTAR - CORRIDOR TO EMPEROR'S TOWER

Darth Vader walks down the corridor to the Emperor's Tower and private elevator. The Emperor's private gaurd steps into Vaders path.

GAURD
HALT! The Emperor does not wish to be disturbed at the moment.

VADER
(raising his gloved hand to the two gaurds and choking them with the force)
The Emperor will see me, NOW!

GAURD
(repeating Vaders command)
The Emperor will see you, now.

Not a bad scene, but not at all the fight it sounded like it was going to be. I pictured Vader, dueling Saber aginst force pike with the gaurds and not an OB1 style mind trick.

Then again the more action we get to see the Gaurds have the better. images/icons/grin.gif

Ace_Two
12-27-2001, 12:09 PM
I think that it's also in the novelization, but I'm not sure. There is a cool picture on the "Behind The Magic" CD-Rom of a Royal Guard using his force pike on Moff Jerjerrod, I think.

If there is a scene with Vader that was filmed, I would love to see it as well...

Ogibendogy
12-27-2001, 05:27 PM
As far as I know the scene has never been put on the web for download. The picture Ace Two mentioned can also be seen in the SW Action Figure Archive.

JesseJames
12-28-2001, 01:22 AM
OK, I'm doing this from my best recollection of it...

Vader walks in, there's 2 ERG's and Jerjerrod at the entrance to the turboshaft to the Emp's bachelor pad.

JJerod says "stop" or something along those lines... The two ERG's take a defensive posture and Vader chokes JJ

He's PO'd I guess

From here, the scene gets sketchy, but I've heard he choked away (Ala Luke with the Gammorean Guards) the ERG's or they actually back away.

I'm digging for a link I had with this stuff as we speak...

And I can't find it images/icons/frown.gif I think it was this thing called "Jedi Someone's" or whatever cutscene archive...

Alderaan Online had shots http://www.alderaanonline.com/

of some cutscenes, and I know these shots were posted elsewhere... I took some cutscenes of the Rebel briefing f or customs purposes from that cutscene site, and I don't have its link which leads me to believe it's a site that's gone now, sorry.

12-28-2001, 05:15 AM
I too picture him fighting them with their force pikes. Although I did read that he did force choke them. I heard that's why it was cut out because the force grip had gotten old (since when and says who!?!)

I like the ERGs, they look cool, and man I don't care what they're doing just put of them in there.

They fight Jerjerrod? Vader kills him? Lucas better do something because his lack of putting a cool scene in has confused me images/icons/wink.gif

LandotheScoundrel
12-28-2001, 09:36 AM
Go to theforce.net, and go to the cutting room floor section. You'll find alot of great stuff there.

jedicrippler
12-28-2001, 10:33 PM
From what I recall, it's pretty much just Vader choking out 2 ERGs ala Luke/Gamorreans.

And really, the choke thing was getting a bit overused...

Motti
Ozzel
Needa
2 Gamorreans
and the 2 ERGs would've made 7 total force chokes in only 3 movies. Gotta mix up the moves some, keep it fresh. Same thing repeated too much gets stale & folks lose interest in it.

Kinda like Hulk Hogan's 3 punch, big boot, legdrop schtick. images/icons/tongue.gif

Matt_Fury
12-28-2001, 11:55 PM
But Force Choke was Vader's signature move!!! I could never get tired of him choking out some imperial slob who may or may not have deserved it!

BTW...if anyone finds more info on this....POST IT HERE!!!!

12-29-2001, 09:36 AM
I heard about a cut piece from ROTJ where an imperial officer says that he isnt aloud in, then vader chokes him. Havent heard about the guards though. images/icons/wink.gif

JesseJames
12-30-2001, 01:23 AM
It's more than just ERG's getting fought off, as there is a photo of Jerjerrod getting choked in that scene, HE is the Imperial Officer. The Guards are just standing ready to fight with their forcepikes. That's the photo people have seen (it's been posted tons of places, including the FC magazine I think)

01-01-2002, 03:43 AM
If anyone knows the address of the site that shows these photos, can they put a link here? images/icons/wink.gif

apokolips
01-02-2002, 07:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jedicrippler:
From what I recall, it's pretty much just Vader choking out 2 ERGs ala Luke/Gamorreans.

And really, the choke thing was getting a bit overused...

Motti
Ozzel
Needa
2 Gamorreans
and the 2 ERGs would've made 7 total force chokes in only 3 movies. Gotta mix up the moves some, keep it fresh. Same thing repeated too much gets stale & folks lose interest in it.

Kinda like Hulk Hogan's 3 punch, big boot, legdrop schtick. images/icons/tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Luke's Force chokes at Jabba's Palace were important to show how dangerously close he was to the edge of the Dark Side. And Vader never Force choked anybody in ROTJ. I think this scene would have shown that his nature really was at odds with the Empire, and that he only served The Emperor directly, and his own self-interests. I think this scene would have been very, very important. Not to mention the fact that Hasbro would have been less inclined to give us cayenne red pepper shakers for ERG figures if they had been shown in action.

SithLordAaron
01-03-2002, 05:07 PM
OK, I think I've got it:

Vader approaches the RG. He says, "You cannot enter." Vader walks on by. The RG drops Vader to his knees with the Force Pike. He continues to hit him with the pike as Vader gets to his feet, grimacing and making two fists. He circles the guard atill taking shots from him and shaking off the blows. Vader gets hit one last time and he glares at the guard shaking his head no. RG swings once, Vader blocks it and punches the guard. The guard swings again and Vader blocks and punches again. The third time Vader blocks and punches the guard is out on his feet. He throws him into the ropes and gives him the Big Boot to the face. Vader bounces off the ropes and drops the leg over the guard's chest. Vader gets up and enters the elevator.

It's all so clear now! images/icons/grin.gif

JesseJames
01-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Then Jerjerrod snuck into the elevator and hit Vader with a chair.

01-04-2002, 07:10 PM
One other cut scene question.

What was Vader supposed to be saying to Dengar in one of the cut ESB scenes? I was looking on TFN and they had a picture of Vader pointing at him, I'm assuming there is some conversation between them or something from Vader otherwise he wouldn't be pointing at him.

JesseJames
01-04-2002, 11:44 PM
Telling him to quit being such a lame character and get off his ship.

Honestly, I've seen the pic you speak of (I think) and I think it's him pointing at Fett from a different angle? If it's the pic I am thinking of... Fett's out of the shot.

Sithblade
01-09-2002, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I thought that was the "No Disintegrations!" finger-point to Fett.

apokolips
01-10-2002, 12:15 AM
Maybe it was a "And that goes for you too, ya two-fisted, slap-happy mulligan!" at Dengar.