PDA

View Full Version : TaunTauns

Hemish
10-01-2001, 06:36 AM
Where do these things come from ?
I always thought they were from hoth but if that rebel trooper mentioned that Hans tauntaun would freeze before he reached the first marker it got me thinking they weren't from hoth at all
Any ideas?

JesseJames
10-01-2001, 01:41 PM
Hoth's food chain

Lichen, mold, fungus eaten by taun-tauns which roam in herds/live in caves eaten by Wampa's which hunt alone, but live in caves inhabited by other Wampas...

Pretty much the simplest foodchain ever seen, but at least nobody went in depth adding odd things that weren't in the movie really...

ddtvader
10-02-2001, 12:29 AM
They were from Hoth. They just cannot suvive the night tempatures.They must live in caves at night.
Quote from Starwars.com "Tauntauns are a species of snow lizard found roaming the windswept snow plains of Hoth"

Inigo_Montoya
10-03-2001, 08:53 PM
There's lots more craetures than that on Hoth! Some are described on the official site, one being a large fur covered snake or worm-type thing that eats both Tauntauns and Wampas! images/icons/smile.gif

JesseJames
10-03-2001, 09:53 PM
That's from the essential guide to planets which is full of tons of BS someone thought was neat

There's not lots of other stuff on Hoth if you don't want it to be, or if you believe the movies (The Hoth System is virtually devoid of life) I forget the quote, but even the movie said it was not full of life, and so as the canon issue goes

Only the movies are canon, beyond that nothing else is and it's all up to your opinion/discretion... Even George Lucas laughs at some of the crap LFL cranks out to take your $