PDA

View Full Version : Luke's clothes at the end of ANH

Krilzedlim
08-13-2001, 05:40 AM
Where did he get them from? I mena, obvilously he didn't leave Tatooine with them, unless theres some weird cut scene like this that was left out...

-ABOARD THE FALCON-

Luke : Aww geez, Han, we gotta go back for something!

Han : What?! YOU need to go back for something?! We got a ton of of Imperials after us now and you want to go BACK for something?! WHAT IS IT!!!!

Luke : I nee my extra clothes cause..

Han : WHAT?! That's it, CHewie, throw him out an airlock.

Chewie : RRAAHGGHARR!!

Luke : Han wait...AAHAHHHHH!!!!

And then some how he gets them from that. Or somethign. But really, i mean, did Han lend him some clothes? DId the Rebel Alliance have a stash of that jackets laying around? Did Luke go the JCPenny on Yavin IV with some borrowed cash from Han? Did he knock out some guy, and he's gonna come back in one of the later NJO books and lie try to assinate him for that? Or is there some other thing that I'm missing entirely? HELP!!!!

------------------
Lucas tries to make you think that the Star Wars Trilogy is a re-telling of ancient tales dragged up from the collective unconscious, with lessons for us all about good and evil, hubris and loyalty, when it's really just a story about a bunch of guys who want to die in front of Luke. -Lore Fitzgerald Sj÷berg

JediTricks
08-13-2001, 07:41 AM
In ANH, Luke only has one set of clothes until he becomes a pilot at the end, the karate gi outfit with the poncho. In ESB, Luke has been a rebel commander for a few years and can afford a change of clothes, so he gets more outfits (Hoth Rebel officer, patient robe, Snowspeeder pilot, Dagobah/Bespin togs). As for ESB to ROTJ, Shadows of the Empire has an explanation, but I don't remember it.

------------------
"General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Attack of the Clones." - ANH:NE

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds, POTJ
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

_DJ_
08-13-2001, 07:48 AM
Lukes clothes do remain the same through out ANH, up until the flight suit near the end and his Dressed up threads for the ceremony at the end. He does get more clothes in ESB because he is more than likely issued them because of his joining the Alliance. Sort of like military uniforms and such. In ROTJ, he waers all black through out the movie. On Endor, he wears a camo style poncho over his black threads, not different clothes. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif

------------------
"THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN STAR WARS IS HAVING A CHILD TO SHARE IT WITH"
Thanx to BIGBRET for the Quote!

[This message has been edited by DarhJin (edited 08-13-2001).]

SnTrooper
08-13-2001, 11:21 AM
Now your talking about the ceremonial outfit, right? I belive the pants are the same brown ones with the yellow Blood Strips that Han wears throughout ESB and RotJ. So I'm guessing that he borrowed that outfit from Han and/or other Rebels. And the all the others (except the Jedi outfit) were issued to him.

Matt_Fury
08-13-2001, 08:23 PM
I can tell some of you have never been in the military....I've been in the AF for 8 years and I have gotten more free clothes than I know what to do with!!!!

Seriously, I have arctic gear, desert uniforms, boots, hats, coats, socks, dress uniforms, ribbons, medals, gloves and the like out the wazzoo!

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

troyig88
08-14-2001, 01:30 AM
luke just save the rebels a@@s from the death star. So I don't think the rebels mind giving the lad a few new threads.

PodRacer_X
08-14-2001, 07:27 AM
The Super Extra Special Edition will restore the scene in which Luke and Han stop by the Imperial Goodwill store and Luke tries on all the vintage duds.

I think it's safe to assume that any belongings that weren't on Luke's person when he left to look for R2-D2 that fateful morning were destroyed by the fire at the Lars homestead. He left the planet with only the clothes on his back and the lightsaber. He had to have borrowed or bought the clothes.

SithCrusader
08-20-2001, 10:59 AM
Of all the silly, silly things to ponder, why this? Oh well, here goes:

I'm sure the Rebels are well-off enough to provide Luke with a few changes of clothes over the years - he is a hero, after all and even the Imperials in ANH acknowledge that the Rebels are well-equipped... http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/tongue.gif

And now for my new topic: where does Leia got her dress from at the end of ANH? http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Going somewhere, Solo?"