PDA

View Full Version : Good ole Uncle Owen

07-17-2001, 02:00 AM
He treated C-3PO like crap and he was very strict on Luke. He was a man who was stubborn and uncompromising.....but he was a good man...

Now ...the question , Did Mr. Owen know about the fate of Anakin Skywalker ? Did he know that Anakin was chasing through the stars as Darth Vader ? When Owen makes the statement "That's what I'm afraid of"...that kind of makes me think that he does know , but I'm not sure. I'm sure we will know much more after Episode 2 and 3 are in the books..... but.... What do you think ???????

Sith_Lord_Cosmo
07-17-2001, 05:54 AM
While he may not know that Darth Vader is Anakin, I think Uncle Owen definetly knows that something bad happened to Anakin and he turned to evil

------------------
"Jabba, you're a wonderful human being."
-Han Solo
http://crackhouse.8k.com

JediTricks
07-17-2001, 06:24 AM
I think Cosmo is on the right track, that's pretty much what I would have said if he hadn't have posted it first.

------------------
"Apparently, I'm now a POTJ moderator too." - JediTricks, 7/12/01

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds, POTJ
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

amarsella
07-17-2001, 06:31 AM
I think Owen knows quite a bit. He definately knows about Obi-Wan.

"That wizard's just a crazy old man"

**SPOILER ALERT**

I would say that Owen and Beru must have been privy(sp) to some info. I mean Obi-Wan shows up with the baby and tells them to hide him from Anakin. Also Owen and Beru lie to Luke about this father being a Navigator on a spice freighter. Finally we know that Anakin and Owen will meet in EP2. Based on this I think that Owen knows at least that Obi-Wan had something to do with what happened to Anankin and that Anakin is still alive. Whether or not he knows that Anakin is now Darth Vader is debatable. I don't think a broken down old moisture farmer on an Outer Rim planet would even know who Darth Vader his let alone that he happens to be his step brother.

------------------
"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth alot to me."

Darth Marsella's Star Wars Diorama Galaxy (http://members.home.net/amarsella/menu.htm)

[This message has been edited by JediTricks (edited 07-17-2001).]

Quigonbyebye
07-17-2001, 05:46 PM
Yes unless Obi-Wan tells all to Owen.

------------------
I have a bad feeling about this...

JediTricks
07-17-2001, 11:11 PM
amarsella, please tread lightly with your line of thought, it's dancing dangerously upon SPOILER ground, and this section is supposed to be spoiler-free. Thanks.

------------------
"Apparently, I'm now a POTJ moderator too." - JediTricks, 7/12/01

Ace_Two
07-23-2001, 10:36 PM
O.K.

I don't know if this would be considered spoiler material because it is all on the "Behind The Magic" CD-Rom, but there is more than one reference to Owen being OBI-WAN's brother.

**POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING**

Not Anakin's. Besides, if Owen was related to Anakin, I would think that he would have been killed during the Purge because of some Force potential, no?

[This message has been edited by JediTricks (edited 07-24-2001).]

JediTricks
07-24-2001, 06:01 AM
Hmm... it's still treading that fine line Ace, so like Amarsella's post, I added a spoiler warning, but I think that'll be enough for now till there's more solid info. I'd be more comfortable with this in the Prequels (spoilers) section, but if you folks wanna discuss this a little more in here under the speculation side of things, then just add a spoiler warning and it should be fine.

------------------
"Everything we have is on the shelves" - the living nightmare continues

[This message has been edited by JediTricks (edited 07-24-2001).]

07-24-2001, 02:09 PM
Is it just me or does good 'ole Uncle Owen seem like a wife beater. I can just see him comin home form a hard day of working and saying...
"Woman, get off your *** and make me a sandwich, or there will be hell to pay!"

GNT
07-30-2001, 01:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark Raider:
He treated C-3PO like crap <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your darn right!

***Spoiler***

I hate Owen,he gives C-3po to Anakin or Padme,whoever and yet 25 or so years later he needs darn droids for his farm! Owen so stupid http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif