PDA

View Full Version : why did Luke kill everyone on the sailbarge?

04-25-2001, 05:29 AM
Ok, Leia killed Jabba and Luke whooped everyone on the skiff so they could escape, but why did they point the gun at the deck and nuke everybody? they never done nuttin to him!

apokolips
04-25-2001, 06:05 AM
Maybe it was a gift to his home planet. They were the lowest of the low, and he most likely cut the planetary crime rate to a quarter of what it was when he blew them all up. Or maybe he just wanted to insure their escape. Unfortunately, our hero Luke is no stranger to killing large amounts of people. He blew up the Death Star, and toppled an AT-AT. It kind of goes along with my theory that Luke is the Balance of the Force. Vader's sacrifice left Luke the last of them, both dark and light, half anger, half love and all control.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force! (http://www.wickedforce.com)

PodRacer_X
04-25-2001, 07:01 AM
Plus, it gave us viewers our first good look at how the Jedi TCB, baby!

Lucas sanitized it a bit in Episode One by having the Jedi kill droids.

LandotheScoundrel
04-25-2001, 10:42 AM
I hope they get back to the killing, though. It is called Star "Wars" afterall. No one getting killed makes me feel like I'm watching cartoons where no one gets shot and we always see the parachuting pilot after the aircraft gets destroyed.

04-26-2001, 04:21 PM
Maybe Luke wanted to get rid of Jabba, because he didnĄ*t know Leia had choked him. And Leia just listened to his instructions without asking questions.

------------------
"Marge! Could you change the oven to cold?"

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

04-27-2001, 08:32 AM
Because all the inhabitants were rat-*******s, and all rat-*******s have to suck the pipe baby.

I got those words of wisdom from my Dad when watching that very scene. He is a very caring and sensitive individual.

------------------
You weren't on any MERCY mission this time.

apokolips
04-27-2001, 09:11 AM
Wisdom from dad. Hmm. You gave me an idea for a new thread. Please come repost this in Wuher's!

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force! (http://www.wickedforce.com)

Sprry75
04-27-2001, 09:12 AM
"Suck the pipe, baby"?! ROTF, LMAO. Oh, jeez, I gotta meet your dad....

Mike_S
05-13-2001, 12:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LandotheScoundrel:
I hope they get back to the killing, though. It is called Star "Wars" afterall. No one getting killed makes me feel like I'm watching cartoons where no one gets shot and we always see the parachuting pilot after the aircraft gets destroyed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Im afraid lando you are in for a dissapointment.George Lucas opposes violence and in particular violence in movies.If you wanted to see killing in a movie then don't look for it in Star Wars.
Star Wars is supposed to be a fun movie on an epic scale not a shoot-em-all till their brains are hangin' out type of movie.

05-14-2001, 07:09 AM
wait - a - minute.....there is plenty o violence in the Star Wars movies....obviously science fiction and not gory...but the violence is undeniably inherent within Star Wars.....

maybe, he would be better off making sesame street, where goofy characters are the norm.

------------------

LandotheScoundrel
05-15-2001, 09:24 AM
I don't mean violent, bloody killing, but we all knew the stormtroopers were dying when they got shot in ANH. I didn't see very many Naboo guards bit the bullet. Certainly not like the rebel fleet troopers in ANH. There's just something so cheezy about wars where no one dies. It makes it so...fake. There's no sense of urgency or danger when the only characters dying are droids.

05-15-2001, 09:42 AM
exactly Lando.....to have Star Wars and have no war is kinda ridiculous.....and to say you are against violence, when you have made goobles of money off a story called Star Wars is equally so......

Bottom line, if Ewoks and Gungans were mainstays in ANH, like they were in ROTJ and EP 1....there would have been no trilogy....only the legacy of the first 2 films carried those other pieces o junk.

------------------

mousedroid
05-16-2001, 10:04 AM
Getting back to the original question, Luke had to disable the much larger, much more powerfully armed and possibly faster sail barge so that our little band of heroes could scoot away on their virtually defenseless skiff. The most expedient way to do that was to crash or destroy the skiff, so that's what he did.

05-17-2001, 05:06 PM
One simple question: Remember the rope Luke used to escape with Leia from the Sail Barge? Where was it hanging from?
I hope I just didnĄ*t pay enough atention, I wouldnĄ*t like to think Lucas made some "old school Spiderman" error.

------------------
"Crazy. Toys in the atic, I am Crazy."

JediTricks
05-17-2001, 06:39 PM
I thought it was part of the sail, and Luke pulled it down and towards him with the Force.

------------------
"I am Vader, lord of the Sith! Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

Jedi_Idej
05-17-2001, 07:08 PM
I agree with The Great DM. Those guys associated with bad boy Jabba, got their jollies watching Luke wrassle with the Rancor, and were now ready to delight in seeing Luke and company get their life juices sucked by an overgrown venus flytrap.

Revenge is a female dog.

05-17-2001, 10:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JediTricks:
I thought it was part of the sail, and Luke pulled it down and towards him with the Force.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but in order for that "rope" to get them accross to the skiff it would have to be hanging somewhere between the Sail Barge and the Skiff.

------------------
"Crazy. Toys in the atic, I am Crazy."

mousedroid
05-18-2001, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Sliver:
Yes, but in order for that "rope" to get them accross to the skiff it would have to be hanging somewhere between the Sail Barge and the Skiff.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. Remember, Luke & Leia started swinging from the center of the barge along the longitudinal axis, not from the edge of it. therefore the "rope" would just have to be hanging from a point roughly mid-way between where Luke & Leia started and where the landed. It could have been hanging from the sail at the very edge of the barge, or maybe even a little way out from the edge if the sail overhung the barge and it would have worked fine.

[This message has been edited by mousedroid (edited 05-18-2001).]

JediTricks
05-18-2001, 05:20 PM
Yeah, what mouse said.