PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity Reigned supreme

Hemish
03-29-2001, 12:28 AM
If i was a baddy and wanted to show the universe how bad my deathstar was i wouldn't wait "to orbit the planet at maximum velocity"
I'd blow the thing up and keep going

Why did Tarkin let them do that

Also can anyone tell me why Tarkin was the only one vader ever listened to other than the emperor?
I mean when admiral ozzel tried to back chat vader he got his ***** handed to him
and there was no way Piett was gonna say anything

Why did stupidy run rampant in the empire

apokolips
03-29-2001, 12:52 AM
Yavin was a gas giant. To ignite a planet that size would, in theory, create a sun. The wave, not to mention the new circumfrence, would have consumed the Death Star.

As to why Vader only listened to Tarkin, we'll see. I get the feeling young Tarkin is going to be a super ****** in E2 or E3, whichever he makes an appearance in.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force! (http://www.wickedforce.com)

Hemish
03-29-2001, 12:56 AM
When you start thinking about things like this it just makes you want to see the next 2 films even quicker
i've read so many things on this site and even if only 1% of it is true then we are in for a truly remarkable set of films
Well i guess that answers my Yavin question
But i really wanna see a ****** Tarkin now http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

------------------
Jedi Knight...
More like Jedi *******!!!

PodRacer_X
03-30-2001, 09:07 AM
I remember reading somewhere that the Death Star could only blast a very small planet once a day or so. It then had to build up energy for another blast.

A gas giant like Yavin would then take much more power to destroy. Much more efficient to orbit it, since the pitiful rebel snub fighters posed no threat. (or so they thought!)

brew
03-30-2001, 09:10 AM
I also heard it that way, that the second Death Star was better than the original in it's ability to shoot more than once a day

------------------
He's no good to me bent

SpaceGhost2K
03-31-2001, 06:30 PM
Ok then, maybe you could explain to me wtf they needed a Trash Compactor for...

Matt_Fury
03-31-2001, 07:59 PM
Duh! The trash compactor was for compressing the garbage into nice litte cubes to keep outer space from being all littered!! Just because they were evil doesn't mean they were not environmentally conscious! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

I figured the reason Tarkin was able to able to talk to Vader that way was because they were of equivalent rank. I'm guessing a Grand Moff ranked higher than an Admiral, and if we get into EU I'd equate Grand Moff Tarkin had about the same amount of Power as Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Now as far as Tarkin being a Bad*****?? I don't think so...that would seem out of character. I always figured Tarkin to be more of a manipulator, not a direct combat kind of guy...very similar to Palpatine. Feel free to disagree with me, this is all speculation on my part.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

JediTricks
04-01-2001, 05:58 AM
In a space station as large and well-manned as the Death Star, it wouldn't take but a few days for all the waste, uncompressed, to fill the station. Thus, it'd have to compress trash in order to move it to the proper disposal areas.

------------------
"Tell that to Jabba. He may only charge you a low interest rate and minimal penalty fee."

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

LandotheScoundrel
04-02-2001, 07:36 AM
I'm sure they recycle, too. Yes, I'm being serious.

04-03-2001, 10:52 PM
Hey, my first time here and I just wanted to say hello to everyone. here's a little something for you all.
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/tales/lsvader.gif

04-05-2001, 12:26 AM
Anyone:

Now I love the Holy Trilogy, or else I wouldn't be here, and it has made me happy for the last 20 some odd years, but I sense a disturbing trend.

Jawas - interesting little creatures, funny

Ewoks - annoying, to cutsy, ruined the damn last scene

Gungans - Shaved Ewoks on stilts

are we going to suffer through this again, about a race of small or small minded "funny" creatures taking on the bad guys....tooo formulaic for my Sith blood. I know I am blaspheming, but I have one more movie before I declare the series a let down.....over all.

Can't we have interesting creatures more along the line of the Cantina, where the wierd met the cool? Or what was the matter with the wookies being the race on Endor...that would have been awesome!!! It would have been 3x as good.

Long live ESB and ANH...Long live Jedi vs. Sith

------------------
You weren't on any MERCY mission this time.

04-06-2001, 03:00 AM
I always liked the Jawas, but that's it! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif

As for Tarkin being a bad***, although I haven't finished reading it yet, the prequel book "Rogue Planet", has a young Tarkin as one of the primary characters. So far it's a good read, and it may answer some questions about Tarkin, as well as the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

------------------
"Who's scruffy-looking?"