PDA

View Full Version : looking for advice

BobaBoy
09-09-2003, 01:36 AM
i want to get rid of my carded collection of over 120 carded figures dating from POTF2 OC - Saga, a few repeats, what would the best place to sell them in one big shebang, i checked ebay and some people are getting hosed there, i want to sell my complete collection, no people just nipping off the good figures, anyone have suggestions?

Shen_Onea
09-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Sometimes comic books stores will buy whole collections, but don't expect to make a lot of money doing things that way. The bottom line is that you are going to have a hard time selling things that everyone already has and expect to make any decent money from it. When I sell stuff, I usually expect to take a loss on it... sometimes a huge loss.

You could try putting it up here... someone might help you out. images/icons/smile.gif

Jeremy
09-09-2003, 03:36 AM
There aren't many ways to sell a complete colelction and stay in control of the price. A dealer will only give you around a third, large lots on eBay aren't very attractive, and even on these esteemed forums there isn't much interest because we've already got the bulk of the figures.

I don't know if you have "car boot sales" in the US (when everybody comes to a field on a Sunday and empties the junk they want to sell out of the trunk of their car and onto a table) but they are good for selling. You could also rent a stall at a flea market for a couple of weekends.

Jeremy

[ 09-09-2003, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy@rebelscum.com ]

coeli
09-09-2003, 11:58 AM
You could put them in small groups and put them on ebay, where you have one desirable fig with a few that are easy to come by. Start the bidding at a price that puts the figs at $2-$3 a piece, with the hope that the one fig that is desirable will carry the auction higher.

[ 09-09-2003, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: coeli ]

BobaBoy
09-09-2003, 08:04 PM
hmm good points, well taken, i want to sell my carded collection and i know i am going to take a loss, but around 2 maybe 3 bucks a figure, which is like 250 dollars, i am not looking to rake in the dough just want some spending cash for other ventures.

Dooku
09-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Jeremy made a real good point. You aren't in control when selling the whole shebang, and you will make or lose less money. My recommendation is to sell them in here rather than on ebay. These figures just aren't selling very high on ebay anymore. I'd put them in categories and maybe charge $4 each but do a deal like 6 for $20. This way it encourages people to buy more, and they get a deal, but its also good for you because you are kind of selling in bulk but not the whole thing, you know? Also it limits all the shipping of individual figures when people buy in bulk like that. It worked for me. I sold off a bunch of carded POTF2 stuff in March just like this and it flew.

Darth_Cycy
09-11-2003, 12:26 AM
Or you could send me your list by email at darthcycy@libertysurf.fr and your bottom price.

I live in France and shipping will probably be a bit expensive but 2 or 3 bucks a fig is a deal for European collectors

Cy