View Full Version : FS: TF Vader, Sacul, Silver R2

SalaciousJ
06-25-2003, 06:36 AM
i have the following for sale. all are dead mint:

- toy fair darth vader - $200
- jorge sacul - $100
- silver r2-d2 - $15
- silver r2-d2 - $15

i accept money orders and paypal. domestic shipping only. please let me know if interested.

thanks,
jeremy
images/icons/smile.gif

darth_epidermis
06-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Oooooooh, great prices! MORE than eBay! Way to go! *high fives*

SalaciousJ
06-28-2003, 02:48 PM
just so you know ... before anyone else delights themselves in smart***** comments, i've already sold these figures for the prices you see above.

guess who's laughing now? images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

ShawnT
06-28-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by SalaciousJ:
just so you know ... before anyone else delights themselves in smart***** comments, i've already sold these figures for the prices you see above.

guess who's laughing now? images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">I guess a big congrats are in order! Great scalping!

aznbala503
06-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Hell yeah. Those prices are crazy. It's people like you that make me want to quit collecting. Damn scalper images/icons/mad.gif

MysterySith
06-28-2003, 04:24 PM
all are dead mint:

<font size="2" face="arial">They must of sold for those prices because they are dead mint. That is rare, isn't it?

images/icons/rolleyes.gif

echo1441
06-28-2003, 04:24 PM
wow. what a great place to come and brag about how much money you're getting reselling figs for outrageous prices. i'm sure everyone will jump all over those figs. great job

Dain_Bramage
06-28-2003, 05:34 PM
I'd love to get the e-mail of the guy that bought all the stuff off him then.

Dooku
06-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Do I believe he sold them all? No, not for a minute. There weren't any posts updating us on the sale of them. He's prolly just going to ebes now and sell them. See what happens when you get greedy? YOU GET PILED ON!

TEAMRICO
06-28-2003, 07:10 PM
I just love smart***** people and there stupid comments.
Leave the guy alone.
If you think the prices are outrageous please sell me YOUR TF Vader for $10 you can also sell me your Sacul for $10 and the Silver R2 for a penny....I will cover shipping.
Well thats what they were sold for right???
Any takers??
I thought so.
People can sell and buy for what ever they want to. images/icons/mad.gif

Dooku
06-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Yes people can sell them for whatever they want. But normally in here since we are a collecting community, you try and stay at least close to ebay value. Normally I have bought stuff for way less than ebay. Because everyone in here loves Star Wars and helps each other out. I'm not saying to sell a POTF Anakin MOC for $20, but at a fair price. Selling a Jorg Sacul for $100 when you can get it on ebay for $50 anytime you want, is yes a little high. And if people want to comment they have every right to, just as the seller has the right to charge what they want. But when you come in here and post ridiculous prices, you will get criticized, I see it all the time. Either that or just there are absolutely ZERO posts to the thread and it disappears from the front page by the next day.

Neo_242
06-29-2003, 12:49 AM
Are your prices meant as a joke? images/icons/shocked.gif

SalaciousJ
06-29-2003, 05:49 AM
some points to consider:

1. some peeps are throwing around the term "scalper" rather loosely without obviously knowing what it is. you can't "scalp" an item once its value is solely determined by the secondary market, i.e. no longer at retail. if this were the case, then everybody who sells a carded vintage fig for more than $3 is a scalper. or every one who sells a ff weequay for more than $4.99 is a scalper. scalping occurs when someone hoards all of a particular item in an area, creating a pseudo short supply and forcing ppl to shell out big bucks for it. for example, it's like a person buying every single front row seat at a concert then marking them up 500%. i hardly sees how that applies here.

2. how do you know that i didn't actually lose money here? if you'll think really hard, you might remember that there was a time when these figs fetched far more than this at ebay.

3. none of your money was involved, so why do you lose sleep over it? it's always pretty pathetic when ppl get all riled up over things that don't concern them. get a life and your own set of problems to worry about.

images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif

[ 06-29-2003, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: SalaciousJ ]

ShawnT
06-29-2003, 10:44 AM
some points to consider:

1. some peeps are throwing around the term "scalper" rather loosely without obviously knowing what it is. you can't "scalp" an item once its value is solely determined by the secondary market, i.e. no longer at retail. if this were the case, then everybody who sells a carded vintage fig for more than $3 is a scalper. or every one who sells a ff weequay for more than $4.99 is a scalper. scalping occurs when someone hoards all of a particular item in an area, creating a pseudo short supply and forcing ppl to shell out big bucks for it. for example, it's like a person buying every single front row seat at a concert then marking them up 500%. i hardly sees how that applies here.

2. how do you know that i didn't actually lose money here? if you'll think really hard, you might remember that there was a time when these figs fetched far more than this at ebay.

3. none of your money was involved, so why do you lose sleep over it? it's always pretty pathetic when ppl get all riled up over things that don't concern them. get a life and your own set of problems to worry about.

images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Fair enough. I apoligize. They are your items after all.

joewhite
06-29-2003, 11:29 AM
If you think the prices are outrageous please sell me YOUR TF Vader for $10 you can also sell me your Sacul for $10 and the Silver R2 for a penny. <font size="2" face="arial">Wow, Teamrico...nice, strong words there. Like alot of people, I still need a FF Weequay and I dread the thought of having to pay $300 or more for one. But you're right, that's just the way it is. I like alot of the people here and at other sites but in the past year that I was absent, there's been a lot of people who feel they should get things for pratically free. Sure I like a good deal, but that's the fun in collecting, you wait for a good deal...you don't demand it.

See, if you think about it, just the fact that you are able to trade and buy online is thousands of miles ahead of what you'd be able to accomplish just in your local area. So the occassional high price seller doesn't bother me, it's part of the territory and I'm sure they've got their reasons, good or bad.

Sorry to have to place this here, but I needed to add my opinion. Oh, and if anybody is willing to sell me their FF Weequay for $4.99 email me. images/icons/wink.gif

Jeremy
06-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Before this goes any further am am going to lock this. For the record, TEAMRICO please refrain from using $ or any other characters to get passed the swear filter.

On a final note you can not scalp an item that isn't available at retail. If you are unclear about the term scalping then please refresh yourselves at Rebelscum's Collect to Collect (http://www.rebelscum.com/collect.asp).

And on that...

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/loungegraphics/locked.gif

Jeremy

MysterySith
06-30-2003, 12:32 AM

guess who's laughing now? images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">If this is true, can a mod lock this thread since it got ugly here? Thanks.