PDA

View Full Version : Collectors Fleet Super Star Destroyer

04-13-2003, 12:36 AM
We are looking for one of the Star Wars Collectors Fleet Super Star Destroyers. Anybody knowing where to find one would be a great help to us. Please feel free to e-mail us with any leads you may have.

04-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Not sure if my e-mail address is there or not. If not and you have any information about the Super Star Destroyer, you can contact

bladerunner-press@mchsi.com

[ 04-13-2003, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: BladeRunner-Press ]

SICQNUS
04-13-2003, 07:42 AM
Hi BladeRunner-Press,

You can take a look at my review here :
http://www.sicqnus.com/swarscf.html

I have added a little more detailes to my SSD by using small touchs of Models paint all over the top structures. Originally they are made of a clear blue plastic. Overall the ship is awesome and this is one of the only SSD available for collectors (with the Die-cast, MM and a very rare and badly done resin kit).

Ebay is the only place where you can find a SSD for a descent price. By descent price I mean more than $100 (less for a loose one). I have seen one or two mint boxed SSD sold for $300 and up to $450 (!!!) these past few months. For information, the real actual value of a boxed SSD in a mint box is approx. $130 - $150. If you search well, you should be able to find a good loose one for $50-$75. Always ask the seller if the little leds still light-up and if all the electronics goes well.
Good luck for your hunt ! images/icons/grin.gif

Another_Galaxy
04-13-2003, 08:51 AM
Regrettably, the SSD is the second most expensive piece in my collection. I paid about $75 for mine 2 or 3 years ago. I had actually seen them at retail, but that was before I bagan collecting seriously. What was regrettable was when I opened it the actual vehicle had that blue plastic on the top structures- I thought I had gotten a defective one since the box pictures it as being grey.

What was funny was when it arrived, my wife said "That's IT?!"- I guess for $75 for something called a "SUPER Star Destroyer" she expected something a little bigger!

04-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Thanks so much for the quick responses. We aren't really looking for one Mint in the Box SSD, although we'd certainly pay for one if the price was right. The perfect one for us would be one Loose and just part of someones old collection. We are keeping our eyes and ears open, but any help you give us would be great. We've gotten more information here in two days than we have in the last 2 months so THANKS ALL for the help!

04-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Still hoping for some news about the Collector Fleet Super Star Destroyer. We are willing to pay a good price for anyone that has one for sale. It's been an exhausting search trying to find one

04-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Updating again...STILL...and I repeat...STILL having ZERO luck finding the Collector Fleet Super Star Destroyer...Anything is ok with us...We just want one that is all in one piece and still working...doesn't have to be in the box or anything...just the Ship and stand...even just the ship would be acceptable!...GOT TO BE ONE OUT THERE FOR SALE!

04-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Have a couple of new leads, but nothing definite yet...Still hoping somebody can help us out and find us that elusive Super Star Destroyer!

04-23-2003, 02:41 PM
Ok...so the leads have dried up really fast...back to SQUARE one...PLEASE HELP!

04-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Still dry as the Bilbringi Shipyards here with NO leads still...but not about to give up!...I know there's a Star Wars person out there that will save the day for us and have that SUPER STAR DESTROYER for sale.

04-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Gonna keep on trying until I find that elusive Super Star Destroyer...I know they are OUT THERE!

04-27-2003, 01:22 AM
Still not giving up hope that the elusive Super Star Destroyer is out there somewhere to be had!

04-27-2003, 02:50 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3128408392&category=2474

Zam
04-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Man I could just kick myself! I remember back in the summer of 98 at a local K-B there were (2) of these that just set on the shelf for months. I did not get them because I did not collect the fleet. I did pick the box up and look at it-
Someone got them when K-B had a buy one get one for a penny sale- That was back when collecting was fun!!

[ 04-27-2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Zam ]

04-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Hey Quinn...thanks for the heads up on that!...I'm off to bid land...wish us luck!

04-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Well so much for that one!...bidding went through the roof and went well past our upper bid limit for the thing, so it looks like we are back to square one for yet another go!

04-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Well we are willing to pay pretty well for one of the Super Star Destroyers, but 162.50 is even a little out of our league for one toy...so we are back to looking again!

04-30-2003, 03:22 AM
another one went up at E-Bay today with an asking price of 300 dollars? is it just me or does that sound insane?

04-30-2003, 04:47 AM
You have mail.

04-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Thanks Twisted...e-mail coming back your way!

05-02-2003, 05:23 PM
could be the one! Bump

05-05-2003, 02:29 PM
caution bump

05-05-2003, 02:43 PM
Can I just ask one thing?

Why don't you just wait it out? Do you really need this piece like yesterday?

I mean if you're it in for the long haul then I'm pretty certain that you'll be able to nab one at a fairly reasonable price down the road.

Right now don't expect one cheap or close to it.

I just see people acting frantic like a ceratin piece will save their lives if they don't own it now.. but when in reality if the sit it out it will come around.

I need this piece as well but figure at some point someone will dump one for a good price.
Patience is the key.. without it you'll drive yourself to an ulcer over some toy.

Don't mean to interrupt your thread and search but just thought I'd add some friendly advice.

05-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Thanks Mista, but I wasn't in a real hurry, just have been searching for months now and seemed anxious. I did find one at what I thought was a reasonable price thanks to the help of the moderators here and some friends in the gaming world cluing me in on the market value of the piece so that's what I held out for instead of buying the first one I came across which almost all of the ones I had found prior were severely overpriced in my view. Good luck with your search as well. This should be my last thread here assuming all went well with my transaction and the ship arrives on time. Thanks to TwistedJester for his help