PDA

View Full Version : One of a Kind Hasbro R2D2 for sale

robwolf
02-06-2003, 06:12 PM
I bought a case of Silver Anniversary R2D2s from an overseas dealer and sent it to AFA to be graded uncirculated. Out of this case, I had 5 R2D2s grade AFA U90 (still very good), but I had a "one of a kind" R2D2 - it is the Silver Anniversary R2D2 missing the front sticker - it looks cool - you can see through to the cardback. After speaking with AFA, they said that it was the only one they had seen or heard of, and it is certainly the only one professionally guaranteed to be this type of error (other people could try and take off a sticker and send it in, but it wouldn't be graded).
I know this isn't a vinyl-caped Jawa or anything like that, so don't get me wrong, but it is a one of a kind AFA U90 Silver Anniversary R2D2. Think of it like some of those Boba Fett "errors" which seem silly, but there are a lot of Boba Fett collectors out there. I figure this would make an R2D2 collector very happy.
Feel free to email me at rwolf55@hotmail.com with offers (in terms of trade, the only things I would want are high quality vintage carded).
Don't offer $0.01, "because that's what they could be found at Toys R Us for." That was a VERY limited group of TRU, and secondly, I didn't buy mine from TRU - I bought mine just before they were initially released, from an overseas dealer (R2D2 toys).

Neo_242
02-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Hi there,

please post a price on your R2. Offers are not taken in the Modern Classifieds.

Sorry, but we have to be consistent in our rules.

Thx for understanding!
Bart images/icons/smile.gif

robwolf
02-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Sorry - I know that prices aren't required in the vintage marketplace threads...

As for the one of a kind R2D2, $210.
As for the other uncirculated R2D2s, $100 each. Other people are selling the AFA U90 ones for $150-$160 each.

Virex
02-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Are you the same Robert Wolf from Texas who screwed Philip Wise over in a deal for the TRU Falcon from a few years ago?

If so, you have quite a pair for trying to sell your crap on the very site he hosts. . .

Jango_Fettish
02-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but the figures would be 10% of what the case cost, plus whatever the fee AFA charges to grade a figure?

Just wondering..

KingTigerII
02-07-2003, 06:17 PM
I'll give you a 2003 Limited Edition Penny for a R2..... images/icons/grin.gif

Panzer!!!

robwolf
02-07-2003, 11:46 PM
It's hard to come up with a value on something like this - I agree that it's not worth a HUGE sum of money, but those Boba Fetts with those "rare" variations sold in stores for $4.99, but with the variations, they went considerably higher. Weird, huh?

Dirty_Sith
02-08-2003, 03:28 AM
Aside from R2 fans I think it's your wallet that you are trying to make happy. Man sorry to be rude but no one is going to give you $250 for a friggin Silver R2. I think you need to put the bottle down and stop trying to screw people. I don't want to use the word scalper but if the donut fits in your mouth....Blah and you should be ashamed of yourself. Stop trying to take advantage of people. The reason I even bothered to reply to this is because I am so beyond sick of the overpricing for new items. It's sad and makes you look stupid as well. Blah on you again! images/icons/frown.gif

Virex
02-08-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Dirty Sith:
I don't want to use the word scalper but if the donut fits in your mouth...<font size="2" face="arial">This guy has been scalping Star Wars toys for literally years. . .