PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with the boxes?

jcecil
12-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Keep them or throw them away?

I keep them. Use them for backdrops when they're on display and such. Heck, I even keep all the plastic baggies and the extra stuff. When in storage, I put the pieces in Ziplocks and then back in their boxes, I never mix the pieces. (I have plenty of mixed pieces from my childhood.)

As a kid I also used to save all the boxes and instruction manuals, but at some point I cut off and saved all the box covers and threw the rest away, probably for space. Too bad.

12-14-2002, 09:18 PM
I only save the instruction books. I like the comics in the back of some of the Star Wars insturction books. My favorite is probably the TIE and Y-Wing set where in the end, Vader pops up! Holy $%#@! That guy's dead!

dustrho
12-15-2002, 12:39 AM
I sometimes cut off the front of the box, and then just put it up on the walls in my office. As you can see now (by check out my collection) my walls are taken up by figures and other Star Wars collectibles.

Diddly_Squat
12-15-2002, 12:49 AM
I save the instructions, because I have no room for the boxes. You never know when you'll get the urge to destroy a Lego and rebuild it... images/icons/wink.gif

12-15-2002, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I was bored one so I through ZAM's speeder into the air and then it crashed onto the floor (like in the movie). Had to find all the pieces and do it over again!

Kris
12-15-2002, 08:10 AM
keep them all, and put them in LEGO DISPLAYS... (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23484)

xequae
12-15-2002, 09:50 AM
I mostly just keep the boxes from the UCS type sets. I have a couple from other sets, but mostly I throw them away.

Darth_Animos
12-15-2002, 08:36 PM
I try to fit all the smaller boxes into the big boxes then throw 'em in the closet or under the bed. i don't know what to do with the Star Destroyer box though, it's way too huge for either and i just can't bring myself to flatten it, it's just too impressive the way it is.i keep all my instructions on a book shelf( i like to destroy and rebuild alot)

ObiShawn
12-16-2002, 03:03 AM
I keep them in case we move or something. You never know.

NiubNiub
12-16-2002, 04:33 PM
I also keep all my boxes.
Hide them in the basement storage.

I use to throw them away but since 96
I keep all my toy boxes. It's really fun to go back and look at the artwork 6-7 years after you bought them

images/icons/smile.gif

DarthMushy
12-23-2002, 01:40 AM
I keep them in case we move or something. You never know<font size="2" face="arial">Yep... what ObiShawn said. I've got them stored away in a closet so that when I move I can seal em back up and keep good track of them.