PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first Star Wars lego set!

JoshEEE
12-02-2002, 04:32 PM
My sisters overheard me talking to my girlfriend about how the only major Star Wars line I don't really collect (and never have) is the legos, and so for my birthday this year they got me the big Yoda set.

I haven't played with legos since I was a kid, but this thing looks pretty difficult to build. How long did it take you guys?

I'm thinking if I like this, I may just start collecting the line. I sure like that Republic Gunship.

Depmode
12-02-2002, 05:02 PM
welcome to the world of legos. I just started collecting legos about a month ago (i did only collect the 3 3/4 figs), and I must say it's been a total blast!!! I don't have the yoda set, but i suggest you get all the you can. the vehicles are really great, espcially the imperial shuttle, tie fighter, bounty hunter chase, and all the others. give them a try, you'll like them!!! I am currently trying to get all the old ones i cant buy in the store (i've got all the ones i can buy in the store except the yoda and techniques).

Diddly_Squat
12-02-2002, 05:53 PM
You have seen the true power of the brick. It took me about 12-15 hours(I think) to build my Yoda. I wonder how long it takes to build that Star Destroyer?

JoshEEE
12-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Wow....12 to 15 HOURS?

This is going to be a lot trickier than I thought. Better not start until Christmas break.

THj
12-03-2002, 09:30 PM
WOW indeed. Just looking at it I was going to guess more like 2-3 hours max. But I am a very quick builder(and my guess could just be all wrong, seeing as how I don't actually have to set).
Congrats JoshEEE. If you do decide that you like the LEGO line, I don't think it will let you down.

THj

ten_pin
12-03-2002, 09:37 PM
2-3 sounds about right. It took me 8 to do the blockade runner. My star destroyer will be here thurs we'll see how that goes. images/icons/smile.gif

Depmode
12-03-2002, 09:43 PM
it took me three hours to do the gunship... but i watched THREE back to back episodes of LAW and ORDER... hehehe ah ah aha ah ah tee eheh ahaehae...

JoshEEE
12-03-2002, 11:44 PM
Hopefully I will come in somewhere closer to the 2-3 range than the 15 range.

I will be sure to come back and let folks know (if anyone cares)

BobaBoy
12-04-2002, 05:02 PM
holy crap 2 hours!? i used to build sets in 5 minutes or less well i grew up on the things so i am a quick builder. i gotta save my money and snag a big set and time myself, wow i bet my girlfriend thinks i am such a loser

JoshEEE
12-04-2002, 06:01 PM
5 minutes eh? I had a lot of lego sets, and I think only the tiny sets took 5 minutes.

This one is HUGE. I think it'd take even the best lego builder in the world at least an hour or more.

Diddly_Squat
12-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by JoshEEE:
Wow....12 to 15 HOURS?

This is going to be a lot trickier than I thought. Better not start until Christmas break.<font size="2" face="arial">Actually, I wasn't really keeping track of time. I started one night, worked for about three hours, and finished the rest the next morning, taking about three hours. So, 12-15 would be inacurate. Of course, one of my arms was in a cast, so...

Anyways, if you are a really fast builder, I suggest starting on a weekend, or something like that. You could probably get it done by then.

I can build small sets in about three to five minutes. I wonder how long it'll take me to build the new mini sets...

Depmode
12-09-2002, 10:06 PM
new mini sets will take approx..... LESS THAN A MINUTE. JEEZ, these are not for hardcore building lol.

BobaBoy
12-10-2002, 04:03 AM
the snow speeder took me about 5 minutes to build, it's not rocket science we are talking about here it's putting two blocks at time together, not all that hard

mxrbobnd
12-10-2002, 10:54 AM
I think that is what Diddly Squat means. The fact that these are so small it should only take a minute.

Davin - mxrbobnd