PDA

View Full Version : I went shopping today...

THj
10-12-2002, 05:15 PM
... at my local TRU, and I decided to pick up the Tusken Raider Encounter and the Twin-Pod Cloud Car. The Tusken Raider set was really a spur-of-the-moment buy, but it turned out to be pretty nice. The moisture vaporator is...well... a moisture vaporator, and thus pretty boring. I also don't really care about the swoop, but Anakin is a good little figure, and the two Tuskens are very nice.
The Cloud Car, on the other hand, I had been plannng to get. The Cloud Car itself is really sweet, a great looking set. Lobot I was very much looking forward to, because I love those little background characters, and he's pretty cool too.
Both are nice sets, and if you're looking for some relatively inexpensive Legos, I'd sugget them. images/icons/wink.gif

THj

Darth_Big_Boy
10-13-2002, 02:25 AM
I agree about the Cloud Car set. I like it alot.

jediguy
10-13-2002, 02:52 PM
They both rock, but I have two favorite LEGO sets from AOTC are the cheaper ones.

1.) Jedi Duel- a new Yoda fig AND a Count Dooku bent lightsaber handle. AAAAHH

2.) And, relatively cheap Bounty Hunter Pursuit. At first I thought that thirty bucks was a little much for what it comes with but it certainly is one of my favorite.

THj
10-13-2002, 09:39 PM
Oh yes, Jedi Duel. The only other EP2 set I have(for now), and it's a good one. What made me decide to buy it? The Dooku lightsaber hilt. images/icons/tongue.gif images/icons/grin.gif

THj

THj
10-19-2002, 06:42 PM
Went shopping again today...
At Suncoast Video in my local mall. Much to my surprise, just about all the Star Wars stuff in there was 50-75% off! So I picked up a Jedi Starfighter for $10.99 images/icons/grin.gif . Pretty nice set. The Obi-Wan is kind of a let down with the permanent head set(just like the JSP Obi-Wan figure), but the star fighter looks good on the shelf. images/icons/wink.gif

THj