PDA

View Full Version : As a kid, who did you steal legos from?

jcecil
07-01-2002, 05:51 PM
Yes, legos turned us all into budding kleptomaniacs. images/icons/grin.gif Who could resist pocketing that especially unique piece that would look so great on your F-14/Starship but only your best friend had? Playing with legos with others was like the wild west, once everything got mixed together it was every man for himself, the quick and the dead. Such an inconspicuous crime, who would notice just a few pieces missing from their collection? But there was honor among thieves wasn't there? Yes, some pieces were just too cool to steal. Pieces like clear yellow and blue cockpit canopies or huge tires, the tips of giant rockets and cool lunar baseplates that you couldn't hide in your pockets anyway. Steal those and there would be retribution, and no one wanted a war did they? images/icons/grin.gif

I'd have to say my younger cousin was my most frequent victim. It wasn't that he had more than me, just different. I'm sure a few of my choice pieces didn't go lost like I thought either, but ended up in his lego case too.

So what about you? Siblings, neighbors, random children playing innocently in the sandbox? Fess up, were you a lego bully or a helpless doormat? If you're writing from prison, I feel your pain, we were all criminals once. images/icons/wink.gif

"Ahh, pointless nostalgia." - Homer Simpson

[ 07-01-2002, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: jedicecil ]

Beedo
07-01-2002, 06:12 PM
Nobody. I didn't steal Lego. All the neighbourhood kids stole from me, though. images/icons/mad.gif Not just Lego, either. Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, too.

And it's nothing to be proud of.

[ 07-01-2002, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Beedo ]

THj
07-01-2002, 08:17 PM
I feel your pain, Beedo. i had G.I.JOEs stolen from me. And no, I stole no Legos.
THj

SenatorPalpatine
07-01-2002, 08:51 PM
My best friend. But I stopped when I got caught. Then I stole them from my older cousin. images/icons/smile.gif

09-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Its funny, all the kids on my street have tons of good legos and they dont build anything cool they just buy more.

Victor_Von_Doom
09-19-2002, 05:04 PM
I didn't steal legos. I just traded stuff