PDA

View Full Version : clones

MCC
06-16-2002, 03:20 PM
I emailed lego and asked them if they could send me just clones or if they are going to just sell clones in the future.Hopefully they will email me back.

MCC
06-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Or does anyone know of a website where you can buy just clones?

BigDumbWookiee
06-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Your best, and probably only, bet would be Ebay. Look for the WalMart exclusive build a clone sets.....

BigDumbWookiee
06-16-2002, 04:11 PM
BTW, welcome to the boards! images/icons/smile.gif

MCC
06-16-2002, 04:35 PM
err those are a little expensive on ebay.........is any body willing to give some away?lol

MCC
06-16-2002, 07:09 PM
Or does anyone know where i can buy scout troopers or storm troopers in bulk?If you know please tell me i will be forever greatful!

BigDumbWookiee
06-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MCC:
Or does anyone know where i can buy scout troopers or storm troopers in bulk?If you know please tell me i will be forever greatful!<font size="2" face="arial">I saw a Stormtrooper set on Ebay, basically it was from the clone event, but Lego sent Stormtroopers instead of clone troopers. Once again though, kind of expensive.

Your best bet for Scout Troopers would be the Lego figure three pack, two scout troopers and one chewbacca. Of course, you'd end up with an army of Chewies as well

Ghostrider
06-16-2002, 08:38 PM
Have you tried BrickLink? The address is: http://www.bricklink.com/. You can get any Lego parts and minifigs you need from there.

Hope that helps.

~Marty

[ 06-16-2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Ghostrider ]

MCC
06-16-2002, 09:07 PM
I tried bricklink but single minifigs go for 2-4 bucks a pop which is still out of my price range.thanks anyway though guys

MCC
06-17-2002, 04:56 PM
sniffle.....sniffle.....my dream is ruined......no clone army for me.....Unless LEGO replies to my emails and sells them to me(i hope).

MCC
06-17-2002, 07:28 PM
Ok now my dreams have been beat in the face by a 2by4.Lego says you can only get whats in the catalog or website.

06-17-2002, 09:14 PM
lego always does that....lol....*edited*

[ 06-25-2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: The_Sniper ]

MCC
06-18-2002, 05:18 PM
Thanks im gonna do that.In the mean time im going to walmart.The word i that each walmart got 1 of these big boxes of clones and if they didnt do the event they still have it and its up to them for what to do with it.So im going to walmart to talk to the manager........

06-18-2002, 06:58 PM
*remove post*

[ 06-25-2002, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: The_Sniper ]

BigDumbWookiee
06-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by MCC:
Thanks im gonna do that.In the mean time im going to walmart.The word i that each walmart got 1 of these big boxes of clones and if they didnt do the event they still have it and its up to them for what to do with it.So im going to walmart to talk to the manager........<font size="2" face="arial">I dont wanna rain on your parade, and I really hope youre able to get them at your local WalMart, but unfortunately, the Lego Build a Clone sets came with VERY implicit instructions to destroy these immediately after the event was over. I got a chance to read their instructions, basically it said something along the lines of: Note to supervisor in charge of the Jedi Training Day. The Lego Clone Building Event materials must be disposed of, immediately following the end of the event, and off WalMart property. These are not to be given away under any circumstances"

I was lucky enough to find a person willing to "destroy" them directly into the back of my car. hehehe......

Good luck though! Hope you get em!

Beaubi_Wan
06-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Hey Wookie, I had a clone reserved from you but I don't think I will come around to getting it so if you still have it MCC can have mine. images/icons/smile.gif

06-24-2002, 04:10 PM
Normally I keep my nose out of this forum but I have to speak up. Sniper, what you propose is dishonest and a gross abuse of LEGO's customer satisfaction policy. Taking advantage of their goodwill could result in LEGO ending this practice, and that would be a sad thing for all those who really do have damaged or missing pieces. I hope you rethink your position.

BigDumbWookiee
06-24-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Beaubi-Wan:
Hey Wookie, I had a clone reserved from you but I don't think I will come around to getting it so if you still have it MCC can have mine. images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Well, I consider it to be your figure right now, so if you want to do that, you are more than welcome! images/icons/smile.gif Just email me at adamclowe@earthlink.net so I can get an "official" confirmation that you want to give yours to MCC.

MCC, email me at the above address, and I will email you back with my mailing address. Just send a self addressed envelope with three stamps on it (that is, address an envelope to yourself, put three stamps on it, and then put that in another envelope and mail it to me).

Adam

Beaubi_Wan
06-24-2002, 05:11 PM
Go LadySith!!! And yeah I will send you that E-mail in a while here I'm just busy with some stuff...

06-24-2002, 09:46 PM
hey, i've only done that once and it was a legitimate cause since my mini-figs really were cracked up(and it was the only time i ever called lego)...i was just mentioning to him if he really, really badly wants clones, then he could try that...its also not guaranteed to work since its a star wars mini-fig, and mine were coastguard(which lego cares less for anyways)...don't jump to conclusions...

[ 06-24-2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: The_Sniper ]

jedicrippler
06-24-2002, 11:06 PM
Yeah, they'll replace broken/missing parts for you (even for SW, as I've had a couple of minor problems), but you should only use that particular nicety if you actually have a set missing a piece or broken pieces. To do so otherwise is most definitely a bad idea & could very well lead to the cancelling of a most helpful policy.

06-25-2002, 10:16 AM
crippler, the policy won't be cancelled, it would just be more strictly enforced...lego's primary concern is customer support, so most likely they'll make u send them the UPC and the damaged part as authentication....

06-25-2002, 11:40 AM
The point is, what you suggested to MCC is dishonest ~ it's lying to LEGO to get pieces/minifigs for free. By all means, call them with a legitimate problem, but please don't suggest in public forum that folks try to put one past LEGO or any other company.

06-25-2002, 03:04 PM
sorry about that...to make it up to you...i'm e-mailing lego to inform them about that and give them a few suggestions to curtail it...

Nayr_Treppel
07-12-2002, 01:12 AM
lego should build a site for these 10 mini fig for 5 dollars

07-12-2002, 02:54 PM
So wait a second.......You got a ton of little clone troopers from some retard at wal mart that just happened to mistake your car for a dumpster and now your selling them! DUDE! I WANT IN!

BigDumbWookiee
07-21-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by clonesupthewazzu:
So wait a second.......You got a ton of little clone troopers from some retard at wal mart that just happened to mistake your car for a dumpster and now your selling them! DUDE! I WANT IN!<font size="2" face="arial">Actually I was being sarcastic. I politely asked if I could have them when they were finished, and the person said that as long as I met them off store property, I could have them, because they were supposed to be destroyed. They weren't retarded images/icons/wink.gif And I didn't sell them, I gave them to anyone willing to send a self addressed stamped envelope.

09-19-2002, 06:42 PM
does any one of you have any clones you would cell cheep to me (cheap=less than $4)