PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Day: Build a Clone Contest

BigDumbWookiee
05-18-2002, 09:52 PM
You may have seen the picture of my clone army that I was given during the WalMart Jedi Training Day, on the front page.

Im desperately seeking the assistance of my fellow board members, hoping to find someone else who got a box of the clone troopers at the event. Each store got 150 troopers total, I got 145, 91 of which were complete. Which means, Im in need of 54 clonetrooper helmets, and five complete clone trooper minifigs. If anyone out there went to the event, and got extras they are willing to part with, Id gladly pay you a decent price for them as well as all your shipping costs.

Capntarpals
05-18-2002, 10:57 PM
How in bloody heck did you get 140-somethin' Clonetroopers??? I was there, and they had Stormtroopers, and it didn't look like they gave any away. images/icons/shocked.gif

Nuts! If I knew I could get even ONE free Clonetrooper LEGO dude, I would've made a fool of myself right there on the spot!

I did get all the other giveaway stuff, however. images/icons/wink.gif

BigDumbWookiee
05-19-2002, 10:16 AM
For some reason, our store wasn't giving them away, or possibly, they were and only gave five away lol

When I was there that morning, a woman in charge was talking to someone else she was working with, and she made a comment that she had to destroy all remaining pieces once it ended. I just went ahead and asked her if I could have them, jokingly saying that she could dispose of them directly in the back of my car lol She agreed, but only if we met off store property (she didnt want to get fired). Now I have a small army of clonetroopers, 54 of which aren't battle ready for their lack of helmets.

AdmAckbar
05-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Capntarpals:
Nuts! If I knew I could get even ONE free Clonetrooper LEGO dude, I would've made a fool of myself right there on the spot!<font size="2" face="arial">Me too! I went down to my wal-mart hopeful of maybe getting one clonetrooper lego. But my wal-mart didn't even take part in the promotion. images/icons/frown.gif