PDA

View Full Version : 7194 UCS Yoda

04-12-2002, 09:18 PM
I saw a Huge Lego Yoda Super Deluxe set at Walmart the other day. The price tag was $99.97. images/icons/shocked.gif

rmschneider104
04-17-2002, 10:17 AM
Yup; Legos have never been cheap. It looks like a great set, though.

Anyone else pick it up?

rmschneider104
04-17-2002, 09:42 PM
Great idea to get a display case for it. I may have to consider that if/when Lego Yoda becomes mine.

Saelt_Marae2k
04-18-2002, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I bought it, but i got it for around $85 shipped from eBay. Its a very impressive set. It took a while to put together (layers). I bought an acrylic case to put it in at www.casesforcollectables.com (http://www.casesforcollectables.com) . Displays very nicely!

tonygoldston
04-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Just picked it up at KayBee Toys (89.99) Christiana Mall Delaware

YodaJeff
06-23-2002, 05:31 PM
I think all of the other UCS sets have eventually been on clearance for $50 or less, so I'm going to wait a while and see if the Yoda goes down as well. I already have the Lego Yoda that was given away at Target, so I'm not in a big rush.

Philip_Wise
12-09-2002, 09:10 PM
I've been looking around for a discounted Yoda and found one today at a Wal-Mart. However, it had been opened. Does anybody know how many bags are supposed to be inside? All that are there are sealed, but I can't tell if they are all there.

Kris
12-10-2002, 05:42 AM
you can buy it , and build it, and if you mis a bag, you call LEGO, they will send one to you .

Depmode
12-10-2002, 08:58 AM
If you can open the box, grab the instruction booklet and flip to the end and see what the last numbered bag is that you open. The only problem is that Lego often throws a couple loose pieces in the bag (as they did with the gunship and slave 1) but I don't know if that is the case with this Yoda. If so, you might just be missing the few pieces not in the bag.

Diddly_Squat
12-10-2002, 10:17 AM
The bags are not numbered. I'm not sure how many bags are supposed to be in there, but if you are missing pieces, just call Lego. I don't think there are any loose pieces in there either.

Philip_Wise
12-12-2002, 01:16 AM
I wanted to know, as once I get it out, I'm not going to want to stop in the middle of it to call LEGO for parts. In the past, missing a piece or two has rarely been a problem. If I was missing a bag it would surely be a huge problem. The book doesn't list the number of bags. I was able to peer inside another set yesterday that had also been opened. It, like mine, had 13 bags so I'm thinking they are all there.

technopimp
12-12-2002, 08:36 AM
I put together Yoda for the first time two weeks ago, but I'm afraid I didn't count the bags. Sorry.

PhantomShadow
04-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Hi guys
I'm new to collecting the Lego. Only intended to get the figures, but that idea lasted all of 20 mins.
I may have an opportunity to get the Rebel Blockade Runner, but I have a few questions.

Is this ship scaled to the lego figures?
If so, are there any that come with it?

Thanks in advance

Kris
04-30-2003, 03:18 PM
not in scale images/icons/tongue.gif

let say for minifig scale... it would be around.... 15 metres ? I think around 65 % the size of that 3 3/4 one, that guy builded images/icons/wink.gif

so no minifigs included images/icons/wink.gif

Alas1
01-05-2004, 08:17 AM
It took me 5 and a half hours to build the Yoda set. images/icons/rolleyes.gif
With over 1000 pieces I was wondering if that's a respectable time in which to build it? images/icons/confused.gif
Bare in mind this is the first Lego set I've ever bought and built! Great fun was had images/icons/smile.gif
Got it from Toys R us for 49.99 which I thought wasn't too bad considering they go for 79.99 at the lego store online!

Go easy on me... A few opinions would be cool on the time it took me to build it but don't make fun of me if it should've only taken 2 hours images/icons/wink.gif LOL! images/icons/cool.gif images/icons/cool.gif images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/smile.gif

[ 01-05-2004, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Alas-1 ]

gary_smith
01-05-2004, 09:00 AM
I dont think the length of time it took should matter, the question is, did you enjoy yourself putting it together? If so, then the longer it took, the better IMO

dustrho
01-05-2004, 09:05 AM
I think it took me about three hours to build, because I kept putting the pieces in the wrong places. After getting more than half way done with it I would notice something didn't look right. After flipping back through the pages of the instruction manual I would discover I had misplaced a brick. So, I would have to partially dismantle the damn thing, and then re-build it again. This actually happened a couple of times for me, because I'm not used to building something with that type of instruction manual (aerial view). Overall though I enjoyed building it, and here's a picture of it...

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/starwars/collection/legos/P7130711.jpg

Alas1
01-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Interesting Gary and 100% correct.

But I just felt that 5 and a half hours was a tad long IMO lol

Just wanted to know.

I LOVED building it and I CAN'T WAIT to get the AT-AT and Imp Star Destroyer!! images/icons/smile.gif

Darth_Animos
01-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Wow I just got this set on super sale too, $60 CDN. My experience with this set was nearly identical to Dustrho's by the sounds of it. Kept havin to flip back through the book when I noticed a piece in the wrong spot, so overall it took me roughy 5 or 6 hours too. Of course I usually plug in a star wars movie and watch it at the same time I'm building so that probly slows down build time. images/icons/grin.gif

Alas1
01-07-2004, 09:18 AM
I too had to backtrack somewhat.
Mostly on the thinner 'corner' pieces.
I either put them on the wrong way or not at all!

Great fun though! images/icons/smile.gif

I get the urge to destruct him and rebuild though every time I look at it!

I want the AT-AT and Star Destroyer so badly!!!!

images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Darth_Animos
01-08-2004, 03:35 AM
I really like the way the eyes can be moved around. You can make him look really creepy or drunk. images/icons/grin.gif

Depmode
01-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by dustrho:
I think it took me about three hours to build, because I kept putting the pieces in the wrong places. After getting more than half way done with it I would notice something didn't look right. After flipping back through the pages of the instruction manual I would discover I had misplaced a brick. So, I would have to partially dismantle the damn thing, and then re-build it again. This actually happened a couple of times for me, because I'm not used to building something with that type of instruction manual (aerial view). Overall though I enjoyed building it, and here's a picture of it...

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/starwars/collection/legos/P7130711.jpg <font size="2" face="arial">Not to burst your bubble there Chris... But ya still don't have it completely right lol. There should be NO blue showing. I know its at an angle, but still, I think you placed the hand too high. There is no blue showing on mine images/icons/smile.gif

Mikey_D
01-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Probably about 5 hours spread over two days. Pretty cool set. The best part, I only paid $10 for it. It was clearanced at Walmart and had a very beat up box, but it was sealed and all the pieces were there. Best deal I got, beating the $25 UCS TIE Interceptor and $50 Falcon at Target and the $40 Gunship at Discovery Store. Unfortunely, I missed the clearanced RBR and UCS Xwing at Target.

MadPerry
01-21-2004, 09:01 PM
i didn't "log" the hours but it seemed endless. and worse, i was shorted 2 lousy pieces. i was able to compensate for it, somewhat. and no, i didn't lose them or place some in the wrong spot. they simply shorted me. i should e-mail them about it.

dustrho
01-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Depmode:
Not to burst your bubble there Chris... But ya still don't have it completely right lol. There should be NO blue showing. I know its at an angle, but still, I think you placed the hand too high. There is no blue showing on mine images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Are you serious? I can't believe it! At least it looks good from the front, but I truly didn't even notice that. Damn, you have a good eye there.