PDA

View Full Version : LEGO Writing System

GNT
04-06-2002, 06:38 AM
LEGO Writing System

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/04/img/20020404_silo.jpg
This summer, the LEGO Writing System will feature Star Wars-themed writing utensils for the first time. The LEGO Writing System line has won several awards for its innovative "connect and build" combination of creativity and productivity.
The Star Wars pens will also mark the debut of the popular LEGO 1 3/4-inch mini-figures in the LEGO Writing System line. The mini-figures will be connectible elements of the pen and will feature six characters from the Star Wars universe.

Available around the time of the release of Attack of the Clones in May 2002 will be pens based on Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, C-3PO, R2-D2, a Clone Trooper and Jango Fett. Along with the mini-figure, each pen will come with additional color coordinated and connectible beads and a collector's case. Each pen is planned to retail for $19.99.

Click here (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/04/news20020404.html) to read the article and view the pictures!

Thoughts?

JediMike1128
04-06-2002, 11:01 PM
Those are COOL! images/icons/cool.gif

spacefighter
04-07-2002, 04:57 PM
Are these only going to be released in certain stores, or as a general release. i would love to see the artoo pen come to my town.

GNT
10-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Did anyone actually buy them,thoughts?

jhollin1138
10-19-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
Did anyone actually buy them,thoughts? <font size="2" face="arial">I picked up a Darth Vader at a temporary Lego store at a mall near my house around Christmas last year. I never opened it, so I am not sure how great it really is. For that matter, I am not sure if it even writes. images/icons/smile.gif I should have bought 2 of them.

Darth_Animos
10-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Ya I bought a couple, but at $30 for a pen they quickly became a low priority item for my collection. Don't get me wrong though they're cool pens, just a bit pricey( what? lego expensive? I don't beleive it images/icons/rolleyes.gif ).

rmschneider104
10-21-2003, 08:02 AM
I, too, have purchased a few. They are pretty cool, but pretty darn expensive for a pen. As mentioned above, for the price, it drops low on the priority list.

Depmode
10-21-2003, 09:00 AM
i picked up a couple c-3pos (3 of them) for $4 a piece at a Zainy Brainy store when they had them marked down. I personally will never buy one at full price cause they are WAY over priced.

Nerfherder
10-21-2003, 02:38 PM
They are $16 at the Lego store in the mall nearby, but at one point they had some of them marked down to $5. I picked up Vader, Clone, and Jango.

They are pretty neat. The pen itself is just the handle part of the thing, and the upper part has a post that screws in to the pen. So the lego pieces have holes in them and you stack them on the post. The mini-figs come off and stand up pretty well to the regular ones, except the legs have no articulation.

And yes, they actually write pretty well for a ballpoint.

Jeremy
10-21-2003, 06:00 PM
Wow. No here's a thread dragged out of the past!

I picked up five of the first six at LEGO.com when they were for sale a month or so back. I just did some hunting and there's still plenty I need so hopefully they'll come out on sale soon. I agree that they are severely over priced.

Jeremy

GNT
10-23-2003, 03:40 AM
Do they write well? Or are the type of pen that works for a week and never again?

Jeremy
10-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
Do they write well? Or are the type of pen that works for a week and never again? <font size="2" face="arial">Mine are still sealed in their tubes, but my wife got one and opened it so I'll ask her.

Jeremy