PDA

View Full Version : ep2 sets found

jedi_shadow
03-23-2002, 12:08 AM
I found the jedi duel w/yoda and tusken raider sets today at a walmart. Someone forgot to check the street date.. I scanned them and it said to see an associate. I took them up front and they scanned at 9.97 each.

GNT
03-23-2002, 12:17 AM
Nice Find!

Obi_Wan_Murrow
03-23-2002, 12:34 AM
I found these sets today at WalMart too, but didn't have the patience to try to get help from an associate. I was afraid it would take too much time to check out and I was running late.

I'll probably pick them up tomorrow.

(Hasbro Jedi Starfighter is also available in Northern WV Wal-Mart).

jcecil
03-24-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Wan Murrow:
I found these sets today at WalMart too, but didn't have the patience to try to get help from an associate. I was afraid it would take too much time to check out and I was running late.

I'll probably pick them up tomorrow.

(Hasbro Jedi Starfighter is also available in Northern WV Wal-Mart).<font size="2" face="arial">Just a thought, they might not be there tomorrow. images/icons/grin.gif

Boba_Binks
03-24-2002, 10:19 PM
Yes I found Kit 7133 - Tusken Raider Encounter $9.97
8012 - Super Battle Droid $34.88
7153 - Jango Fett's Slave 1 $48.88
at my local Wal-Mart tonight on my way home.

tonygoldston
03-24-2002, 11:21 PM
I was on a trip and stopped at various Wal-Marts between DE and NC. I found the super battle droid, the tusken challenge, jango's slave, the one with yoda, and the bounty hunter escape. didn't find the ship with the clone trooper. also anyone know what 7123 is?

Obi_Wan_Murrow
03-25-2002, 01:55 AM
Bingo! They were there! Interesting sets...the Dooku set comes with a speeder I haven't seen before (anybody recognize it?). Dooku's lightsaber hilt looks like everyone else's, but it IS curved!

The Tusken encounter set comes with two raiders which are nicely detailed and include pneumatic rifles.

03-25-2002, 02:06 PM
I too found them today during lunch in Kansas City at WM . They had most of the sets on a pallet. Scored the SLAVE 1!!! images/icons/grin.gif

DarthBeek
03-25-2002, 04:15 PM
I stopped by my local WalMart while on my lunch hour and sure enough I found an entire cart full of Star Wars Lego. In bold lettering was the "do not display until April 23rd" on the EP2 sets. Nevertheless in the lego aisle on the shelf were Jango's Slave 1 and the cool Bounty Hunter Pursuit. I picked up the BHP......interesting little pic caught my attention. Are spoilers allowed in this particular thread???

Phil
03-25-2002, 07:32 PM
I picked up the Republic Gunship at Wal-Mart today. This set is huge it has 4 Clonetroopers, A Jedi, 2 Super BattleDroids and a Destroyer Droid. It rang up at $89.97 expencive but worth it. I haven't seen any of the oter sets Though.

[ 03-25-2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Phil ]

freemanlaw
03-26-2002, 11:03 AM
I found Jedi Duel, Tusken Encounter, Jango's Slave1 and Jango Fett at Dublin, GA Walmart today.

03-26-2002, 06:30 PM
I went to Wal-Mart today, right in the morning. I found Two slave 1 sets, and six Super Battle Droids. The Two Slave 1 sets were right in the middle, and I also found out that the entire lego section was filled with new stuff today, and when I went up to the checker, she a little bit mad at this one guy who was unloading. She then said that these things weren't supposed to be on the shelves until a couple weeks from now. Anways, I'm driving away, and I see a huge box, with clearly marked Tusken and Jedi encounter/duel sets! I missed them, but was able to get the Slave 1, great set!

Also, I received the pursuit set today. Great set, I love the new Anakin lego. Also, I'm going to Wal-Mart later today to get the Jedi Duel, and maybe the big Jango if they have it.

[ 03-26-2002, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Scythe Master ]

Grizzly_bear_underwear
03-26-2002, 07:22 PM
I found all the Episode 2 sets last evening at the Walmart in Pasadena, TX. They had a few scattered on the shelf, but most of them were stacked on top. My favorites are definately the new Slave 1 and the Republic Gunship. The Jango mini-fig actually has pistols this time around and not the "megaphone" blaster.
Keep checking those Walmarts!

GBU

03-30-2002, 05:44 PM
Just to say, Lego did a great job with the Jedi Duel set. The Pursuit, Slave 1, and Jango Fett sets are pretty good too.