PDA

View Full Version : Lego Starfighter CLEARANCE at Wal*Mart!

CW_Walker
03-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Yes, you read that right... At the Wal*Mart in Wilkesboro, NC, the Lego Jedi Starfighter has been clearanced to $15.00! images/icons/shocked.gif I was undecided about paying $20 for this, but at $15, they hit my magic number... images/icons/grin.gif

FYI, they also had the Ewok Attack (not for sure about real name) set on clearance for $10 and the Technix R2-D2 on clearance for $15.

rmschneider104
03-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Wow; that is amazing to hear of those items going on clearance so fast. My WalMart just put out the E2 Starfighter.

CW_Walker
03-08-2002, 09:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rmschneider104:
Wow; that is amazing to hear of those items going on clearance so fast. My WalMart just put out the E2 Starfighter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here... The Jedi Starfighter had only been out here for about 3 weeks. However, the toy department manager of this Wal*Mart makes no bones about quick turnaround of his toys. If something doesn't sell well after a few weeks, he pulls the clearance trigger.

As it was, the Jedi Starfighter just sat on shelves... I don't think that they had even sold a half-dozen since they got them in.

GNT
03-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Hopefully they do the same with the AOTC figures images/icons/smile.gif

03-10-2002, 05:16 PM
That sounds something like the Wal-Mart near where I live would do. The shuttle and the starfighter are the only Star Wars Legos they're selling! Everything else didn't sell that good so they knocked off five or six dollars and took 'em out! And, the two sneak preview figures of Wessel and Jango Fett i'm guessing have only sold about three each!