PDA

View Full Version : 7190 Millennium Falcon

jadesfire
01-12-2002, 03:51 PM
I never got around to buying this one back in the beginning of 2001 since I figured I could pick it up on clearance like I did the other higher priced Lego's. Well, that never happened because the local stores sold out and never restocked, and then the lego catalog never showed it in stock again. The other day I got my new 2002 shop at home catalog and thought I would call them just to see if maybe there still might be some in inventory (since they were selling for over $150.00 on Ebay) and was quite surprised to find out that they will be getting more in!!
She said the latest delivery date would be in March, but if it arrives before that, it would be shipped immediately. SO, if anyone wants one, call the catalog!! 1-800-453-4652 and ask for item number #7190. It's still priced at $99.99 and had a shipping charge of $8.95 but it's a better price than you'll find on Ebay!!

02-03-2002, 02:27 PM
After a year of waiting for the Falcon's price to go down. I went to Wal-Mart (where I buy all of my Lego sets dirt cheap) one day and realized that the Falcon sets had been scooped during X-Mas and were not coming back anytime soon. Bout' a month later I waltzed into a "learning" toy store and to my surprise I saw the ONE and LAST Falcon set this store had sitting on a top shelf. I asked how much and the retailer said, "$79.99" due to the 20% off all Legos sale the store was having. Good things do come to those who wait.

The Doctor is in. images/icons/grin.gif

MisterPL
02-08-2002, 10:06 AM
First, welcome aboard, FUNK DOCTOR. Glad to see you posting here. The Doctor is indeed in! images/icons/wink.gif

Second, here's my best bargain story yet on Legos:

One of the local department stores was desperately trying to unload lingering Episode I product and had a clearance sale. The signs read, "50% OFF all Star Wars Toys." Naturally, I scooped up as much Star Wars Lego product as I could (including newly released sets) and proceeded to the register.

The cashier started totalling up my order and I noticed that none of the items were ringing up with the discount. I pointed this out, and she contacted the Toy Manager who tried to politely tell me Legos weren't included in the sale. I pointed to the sale signs, pointed to the "Star Wars" logo on the box, and even pointed to the word "toy" on the package. I hardly had to say a thing, I was like Silent Bob, pointing and frowning, looking confused.

By this time, a pretty decent line of impatient customers was forming behind me and the manager was getting heat from my audience. Finally, she relented and said, "Let him have it."

It gets better.

That particular afternoon, the store was also having a special "Savings Roulette" promotion, where you could get an additional discount of up to 75% off your total purchase. After re-adjusting the total to reflect the 50% clearance prices, the cashier sheepishly informed the manager that I had also gotten (you may have already guessed it) a 75% discount off my total! Bottom line: I spent less than $20 on a little over $200 in product.

As I walked out the door (and the Toy Manager quickly changed all the sale signs to exclude Legos), I almost felt like I was stealing.

Almost. images/icons/wink.gif

jadesfire
02-19-2002, 05:05 PM
It's Here!!! This has to be the best Lego in the Star Wars line (with the shuttle a close second). I received a letter last week stating it would be shipping soon, the Lego catalog sure does a good job of keeping one posted on back ordered items. It was packaged well too. Now, I have to find a spot for it!!! images/icons/smile.gif

ObiShawn
02-20-2002, 12:34 AM
I absolutely love mine. But alas with th rest of my sets, I will soon be taking it apart and improving it to look more accurate.

Enjoy!

R2Going
12-30-2002, 05:20 PM
Is there any chance this set will be re-issued? The aftermarket price of this set makes my stomach turn. 200+ dollars for this set is just unreal. There must be a demand for it though, if people are even buying them at this price. This is a signature vehicle in the Star Wars universe. I wish LEGO would extend their policy of only releasing a set for two years.

BigDumbWookiee
12-30-2002, 05:21 PM
While I cant remember where at the moment (may have been here) I believe I read somewhere, within the past few months, that this, along with the XWing, and YWing will be re-released...

technopimp
12-30-2002, 09:22 PM
I hope they do reissue this set...this is one of the few which has an extremely high secondary market value, and, unfortunately, the only one I'm missing.

CW_Walker
12-30-2002, 11:11 PM
It is very hard to believe the secondary market value of the Falcon. I bought mine on clearance from Target for $25.00 right after the first Christmas that it was available... I have it displayed on my Lego shelves. It is a nice ship to be sure, but there is NO WAY that it is worth $200.

Depmode
01-01-2003, 01:46 AM
falcon = not worth more than retail price.

01-01-2003, 03:02 AM
well i hope so, cant wait till all those people on ebay who payed 300+(!!!) for this set feel mighty foolish, either that or ill look mighty foolish for never having gotten this set images/icons/wink.gif

01-01-2003, 11:03 PM
I've still got my fingers crossed for an ultimate collector's edition of the Falcon.

01-01-2003, 11:38 PM
Qui Gon, now that would be great!

01-02-2003, 12:08 AM
Dont waste your money on Ebay. Lego has been bringing back old sets through the shop at home catalogs and back by popular demand sets all the time. Hell, I have a Brand new Black seas Barracuda sitting next to me and we all know that set was going for 200 dollars on ebay six months ago.
I would wait and see if lego brings it back first, before I spent extra money on it.

Darth_Animos
01-02-2003, 03:34 AM
A collectors edition Falcon would be pretty cool, and expensive.Lego would be smart to cash in the the obvious demand.