PDA

View Full Version : Darth Maul Bust / Rebel Blockade Runner sets

Boba_Binks
11-12-2001, 05:14 AM
Has anyone else orderd the Darth Maul bust or Rebel Blockade Runner sets from lego?

I got the Darth Maul bust in the mail this weekend and I must say it is very time consuming to put together. It took me six hours. But the finished product is great!
They even give Darth Maul his silver ear stud. Cool details!

I have not received the the Rebel Blockade Runner yet. I bet that will take even longer to put together.

Thanks to my girl friend in helping get these sets. If it were not for her I would not of bought them.

rmschneider104
11-12-2001, 05:24 AM
No, I haven't ordered the sets. They look very nice, but I cannot afford them at those prices.

HunterIG
11-12-2001, 07:06 PM
I really want that vette but I want to find it in stores.

JediTricks
11-12-2001, 11:10 PM
Sorry Tronic, no stores will be getting the Rebel Corvette (except maybe the Lego Imagination Centers stores) since it, and the Maul bust, are Lego Shop-At-Home exclusives.

jcecil
11-16-2001, 09:19 PM
Hey Boba Brinks, what did the box look like? Sounds like chances are I will never see it in a store, nor am I willing to shell out the dough. Maybe I'll get the Runner but not the Maul. I think Lego box art is great and was just curious. Maybe you can post some pics!?

jcecil
11-18-2001, 07:21 PM
I wonder if the Blockade Runner box will be the same thing?

Boba_Binks
11-19-2001, 01:27 AM
The box is all Black and White. It has teh image of the item and that is about it. Very plain.

JediTricks
11-19-2001, 05:00 AM
Almost certainly, that is the new style of box for Lego Direct exclusives, they had it for the Statue of Liberty, Dragon, the awesome-looking Sopwith Camel, and now Maul.

indigovic
11-19-2001, 11:13 AM
>I wonder if the Blockade Runner box will be the same thing?<

It is. Got mine last week, followed a day later by the new Final Duel I and II sets, which are currently only available directly from Lego. (The packaging is standard color retail boxes for those.)

-Vic.