PDA

View Full Version : What's a good lego set to purchase when you haven't bought any?

07-28-2001, 11:15 AM
I'm new to the Lego Star Wars stuff. What are some favorites people have out there?

JediTricks
07-29-2001, 10:44 PM
X-wing, not too difficult and has a nice classic feel to it.

------------------
"My mom says there's a lot of black people in China." - Eric Cartman, young, confused son of a crack-addicted hermaphrodite

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds, POTJ
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

Sith_Lord_Cosmo
07-30-2001, 07:01 AM
The Y-Wing and Vader's TIE. You get two vehicles so you can make them have a dogfight http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

------------------
"Jabba, you're a wonderful human being."
-Han Solo
http://crackhouse.8k.com

rmschneider104
07-30-2001, 07:55 AM
I, too, like the two sets previously mentioned. I'd also suggest the snowspeeder (my first set) and the Falcon (if you can find it and can afford it).

PodRacer_X
07-30-2001, 10:13 AM
I'd also recommend the X-Wing. It's a good classic vehicle with a medium price point and difficulty. It would be really good to whet your appetite. If you want to continue after that, I'd say go for the core vehicles like the TIE, Vader TIE/Y-Wing, Landspeeder, and Falcon.

JediTricks
07-30-2001, 07:59 PM
Better hurry on the Landspeeder and DV's TIE vs. Y-wing, those 2 sets are "retired" now, IIRC.

My first SW Lego set was the Snowspeeder and I felt a bit frustrated because it's so dissimilar to the movie version. It's got a lot of cool features and it is pretty neat, but all I could think about when building it was how I could build it to be more accurate.

If you have $50 to blow, I suggest buying BOTH the X-wing and the TIE Fighter, those 2 sets combined cost $50 and give you bigger, better ships than the Vader's TIE vs. Y-wing set IMHO, as well as the only stormtrooper and a Biggs.

------------------
"My mom says there's a lot of black people in China." - Eric Cartman, young, confused son of a crack-addicted hermaphrodite

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds, POTJ
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

[This message has been edited by JediTricks (edited 07-30-2001).]