PDA

View Full Version : New and old species??

svarthofdi
06-10-2002, 05:20 AM
Tell me,why do they (Lucasfilm) always have to make new species of aliens,we never saw any Chagrians,Togruta,Nautolans,Anx,Neimodians,Dugs,Ce reans,Zabraks,Lannik,Thisspiasian,Shawda Ubb,Toydarian,Chiss,Iktotchi,Quermians or others of those multi diffirential species that packed the universe in movies 1-2,but we never saw them in the old Trilogy,which was supposed to happen after the TPM & AOTC.Were they all dead?
And why were there no Duros,Elom,Gand,Kubaz,Shistavanen,Ortolan,Talz,Tra ndoshan,Weequay,Yarkora,Yuzzum,Morseerians,Givin,B othans,Gotals,Ishi Tib,H'nemthe,Biths,Sullustans,Mon Calamari,Devaronians,Chadra-Fan,Kitonaks,Sarkans,Chevins,Baragwins,Dresselians ,Skrillings,Snivians,Ugnaughts,Gamorreans,Anzatis or Askajians in the TMP & AOTC,had they not been found yet by the old Republic?
I just ask...tell me your opinion! images/icons/confused.gif

06-10-2002, 08:19 PM
Well....George Lucas has said that he'll go back & make "ultimate versions of his OT" so he'l probably insert species that we saw in the original movies in the prequels. Hope that helps.

Swiss_Army_R5
06-10-2002, 09:13 PM
I did post this elsewhere but it fits so well here.

As to the missing aliens. I bet Lucas will add digitally the ones he likes and the ones we like and he doesnt may disapear.

As for
Duros - Neimoidans are supposed to be related to them
Shistavanen -the were the result of not enough cash for costumes resulting in cheap wolfman masks being used.
Trandoshan -they are in the crowd on coruscant Ep2
Weequay- they are all over in Episode 1 especially the pod racer scene but also in the crowd in corscant in ep2 (see pic below)
Bothans- Have never been seen in any film
Ishi Tib - They are scene in the crowd in Ep2 corscant and (see pic below)
Biths -scene playing instruments in ep1 and in the coruscant crowd and on a billboard in Ep2
http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/snapshot/1999/04/img/2a_bith_bg.jpg
Mon Calamari - this is strange that they have no senators (maybe they are like the gungans to the naboo)
Gamorreans- Hutts are the main employers and few hutts have been shown with guards

[ 06-10-2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Evil C-3PO ]

JesseJames
06-10-2002, 09:42 PM
In a galaxy of a "million million worlds", I don't know that you'll see ALL of the same aliens over and over... Wookies don't appear as "Common", Mon Calamari are the same...

And bare in mind that EU MEANS NOTHING, so Mon Cal/Quarren may not even live on the same planet, so the Mon Cal may have had their own spot in the senate representing their OWN planet... Especially since Lucas probably thinks of them as having their own place.

It's a big galaxy though... it appears some species are just more dominant than others in #'s... Namely humans. It appears possibly Twi'Leks, Nikto, Quarren, and Weequay are species with large #'s... Just like humans, maybe they populate more than one planet.

With only a portion of the senate being seen, it's quite possible (Probable even) that every species we have seen to date is there.

Swiss_Army_R5
06-10-2002, 11:03 PM
The races seen probably also live closer to the planet they are seen on.

Coruscant of course has tons of aliens. Tattooine is supposed to be a crossroads by which many hyperspace routes travel near. This is why the Hutts are there and of course the Hutts draw many aliens affliated with them like the Nikto.

As for the Quarren and Mon Cal living on the same planet. The www.starwars.com (http://www.starwars.com) site is about as canon as you can get. Stuff is clearly marked as EU or not. It does state that they come from there. But as it's worded maybe the Quarren brought technology to it and run the planet and boss the natives around. THe Gran do the same to the Dugs on Malastare.

JesseJames
06-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Well, most everything about specific species IS EU, which is all not canon, so basically I wouldn't say that someone saying the Quarren and Mon Cal are 2 separate planeted species is WRONG.

If it ain't on screen, it ain't "canon". That includes the official site information... That's why they break it up between EU and film knowledge stuff.

Swiss_Army_R5
06-11-2002, 12:05 AM
I usually say only on screen stuff is canon too. But Lucas' own site run by his people is all cleared by him or those who speak for him. There are 3 tabs. The Movie section (as well as "ask the jedi council") are canon. The Extended Universe section is not canon, and the behind the movies is simply creation info.

JesseJames
06-11-2002, 12:22 AM
The books are supposedly "cleared by him" too...

If that's any indication, then the Star Wars site is open to debate too... Unless I hear it spoken by Lucas, basically it's open to debate...

I noticed the Mon Cal/Quarren thing (More the latter) seems to focus on Quarren from the prequels and not so much from the original films... It's possible the Quarren had deleted scenes, or things that were to be expanded upon... That would be the only explanation I could think of for them posting EU stuff in the "movie" section... Maybe they'd expanded some EU into canon by way of the films.

Usually I do tend to believe what's posted in the movie section as being fairly close to canon, but after seeing them talk about stuff I didn't see/hear in the films, then I question them slightly...

Generally what they post in the film section is only what's seen on film as fact, just as they set it up to be. Strange...

svarthofdi
06-11-2002, 04:54 AM
Thanks Evil C-3PO...
That was a great picture,you can see the Biths,a Ishi tib,a Weequay,2 Pathicips and two Kajain'sa'Nikto/red nikto,I've made my point,you never see nothing but Kajain'sa'Niktos and sometimes Kadas'sa'Niktos.
But hell who knows what happens when all of the films come out,maybe G Lucas will put some of the better known speces in and make their role bigger.
I love the Neimodians but I want the Duros to have a bigger part themselves. images/icons/cool.gif

Swiss_Army_R5
06-11-2002, 10:15 AM
Yeah me too. I want to see tons of aliens old and and new all the time.

I've been wondering why only the red nikto have been shown and none of the others that appeared in ROTJ.

Swiss_Army_R5
06-12-2002, 12:30 AM
Looking through the episode 2 visual dictionary I saw a green nikto so they too must have been seen on coruscant.

Swiss_Army_R5
06-13-2002, 01:13 PM
Frenchy pics of Sullustans and others (http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/french-16.jpg)

Ithorians showed up somewhere too but I can't find a pic.