PDA

View Full Version : Good idea for a new line (listen up Hasbro)

Darth_MTV
06-02-2002, 01:06 PM
Okay, I suggested this way back, and it's still an awesome idea to me.
The new line would be called the Cockpit line (or maybe "Pilots" instead)

This line would mainly be the size of small vehicles and come with an action figure. The base that comes with the figure would just be the cockpits of their corresponding ships, i.e how they looked in the movie when showing a frontal close-up of the pilots.
Think about it. Think about all the possibilities.

A Millenium Falcon cockpit thats true to scale with 4 seats, movable controls and parts, seat belts, and the icing on top: Throw in a newly sculpted Pilot Han with piloting gloves and articulated knees!
Oh, you need one of those cheesy/ gimmicky "action features" huh? Well, you can either make the cockpits with light-up parts, or (my favorite) build the cockpits on top of springy bases so that the actual cockpit can do it's "impacted shields" impersonation and shake like they do in the movies when getting hit.
The best thing is that this line could go on for awhile spanning both trilogies. Just release like 2 or 3 at a time and BInGO! there's a good line that kids and adults will both like and enjoy.

Other ideas for the line:

-AT-AT cockpit with Imperial Pilot
-Darth Vader's ship form ANH with new bendable knees Vader
-X-Wing with Wedge Antilles (or anybody other than Luke, maybe the BLACK pilot for a change)
-Naboo Starfighter w/ Anakin Skywalker from TPM
-Chewie in AT-ST (maybe throw in the Ewok too!)
-Jango Fett in Slave I

I could go on but you all get the idea!
Any ideas or requests from anyone else?

svarthofdi
06-03-2002, 05:40 AM
Fresh idea!
I like it alot,also make Y-wing ,A-wing,B-wing and a Prince Xizor's ship with him included. images/icons/cool.gif

06-03-2002, 10:57 AM
good idea and hasbro could get kids and adult to draw a ship for the new line. i already have mine drawn up

[ 06-03-2002, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Sith Lord Ryan ]

Real_Scooby
06-04-2002, 12:15 AM
Yeah, listen up Hasbro. Resurrect the Gunner Station Line. YOu already did the first step with Vaders TIE Cockpit.

captmiloman
06-05-2002, 03:01 AM
Great idea. Esspecially the Mellenium Falcon cockpit. That could also be the start of a possible modular playset. Include an opening hatchway. Or, at the least, customizers could add on sections of the ship if they feel skilled enough to do so. That is if the falcon cockpit is complete. The X-wing cockpit could include a Biggs Darklighter with removable helmet. The Falcon cockpit should have both Han and chewie with headsets. I'd buy all of these. Maybe several of the X-wing cockpits. How about it Hasbro. I think people who want this done should flood Hasbro with mail.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-05-2002, 09:47 AM
I like the Falcon idea as a modular playset, but i don't like the other things. If a ship isn't that big compared to the figs, i'd much rather see a full version instead of just the cockpit.

Oh yeah, you forgot one of the/my favourites:
- Star Destroyer Bridge.

images/icons/grin.gif

Darth_MTV
06-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by captmiloman:
Great idea. Esspecially the Mellenium Falcon cockpit. That could also be the start of a possible modular playset. Include an opening hatchway. Or, at the least, customizers could add on sections of the ship if they feel skilled enough to do so. That is if the falcon cockpit is complete. The X-wing cockpit could include a Biggs Darklighter with removable helmet. The Falcon cockpit should have both Han and chewie with headsets. I'd buy all of these. Maybe several of the X-wing cockpits. How about it Hasbro. I think people who want this done should flood Hasbro with mail.<font size="2" face="arial">Agreed. I would like to hear everyone's ideas on what figures should come with which sets, and how the figures should be done.

captmiloman
06-05-2002, 09:03 PM
Millenium Falcon cockpit-Han Solo & Chewbaca(with headsets and knee articulation). The cockpit interior should be highly detailed with four seats and an opening/closing hatchway behind the seats. X-wing fighter cockpit-assortment of movie acurate cockpits with Biggs Darklighter(Red Three), Garven "Dave" Dreis(Red Leader), John D.(Red Four), Elyhek Rue(Red Seven), Bren Quersey(Red Eight), Theron Nett(Red Ten). All with removable helmets and knee articulation. Y-wing cockpits-assortment of movie accurate cockpits with Jon "Dutch" Vander(Gold Leader), Kyle Torsyn(Gold Three), Dravis "Pops" Krail(Gold Five), and Hol Okand(Gold Six). All with removable helmets and knee articulation as well. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter-movie accurate interior with Darth Vader(articulated knees & silk cape). Imperial TIE Fighter-movie acurate cockpit with TIE Fighter pilot(articulated knees). All cockpits have maneuvering action. These are my ideas which may differ from others.