PDA

View Full Version : Okay Hasbro, what gives?

captmiloman
05-22-2002, 12:52 AM
I'm in Kitsap County, across the water from Seattle. I've heard from several people from other parts of the country who have seen dozens of Bespin Lukes and Vaders. I haven't seen any around here yet. I've been to several stores and came up empty. Then, today I found out that your Seattle warehouse is closing. Will this mean I'll have to resort to buying the figures I want from Ebay or scalpers? I hope not. Sorry about the rant. I know people are probably getting tired of me complaining about this.

Beedo
05-22-2002, 06:59 PM
It's an oft-repeated lament, mate, but one that bears repeating as often as necessary:

HASBRO'S DISTRIBUTION SUCKS!

We can't say it enough. Not until a better system is implemented.

Swiss_Army_R5
05-23-2002, 12:01 AM
Dorks have a distubting plant (at least Kenner did so id assume Hasbro now does) in Cincinatti and stuff is near impossible to find here. And then there are certain figures being rare in different areas. Bleh.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 09:14 AM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. You can jump into any store and buy Star Wars figs for $6-7 each, US is big and there are lots of online retailers where you can order your stuff. Heck, if you know a bunch of people in the US, you can even trade. And to top that off, how many sales do you guys get over there? A million a year? And how many % off sales are they? 50%? 70%? No, if you wait long enough you can get a $50 item for a mere $10.

Over here in The Netherlands and the rest of Europe or dare i even say the rest of the world, can't go into their nearest store, can't get a fig for $6-7 ($12-15 if you are lucky), a lot of online shops don't ship overseas (barbarians!!!) and trading costs an arm and a leg because shipping keeps gettimg more expensive. And if we do get clearances, we have to wait real long and the prices will only get cut in half once!

What are you guys complaining about? I am sorry if i am offending you guys, but the US collectors are always complaining about all sorts of mere things when other people have it a whole lot worse.

"The figs are too expensive! We don't want to pay 1 measly Dollar more! Blame the crappy CommTech's! We don't like the new action features for KIDS, away with them! The vehicles are electronic, we don't want that, it makes them more expensive (we all know how that evolved)! I collect them in their packaging, but i wanna see what i buy, gimme window boxes (open them if you want to see them, window boxes cost MORE)!!!A fig has been out for a week and i still can't find them!!!"

And what really bothers me is that most of these complainers are people that keep their items packaged!!! Selfish.

Sjeez.

Stop complaining if you don't like the toys, don't buy them!!! And if you can't get a fig immediately, have some patience!!!

I haven't seen Star Wars toys since 1999 and all we had were the first waves at 100% above normal retail. And now with AOTC all we get are 15 figs? WTF is Hasbro doing. Are they trying to kill this line? They already killed the Jurassic Park line.

Again, sorry i am offending anyone here, but i just had to get this off my chest.

images/icons/frown.gif

[ 05-23-2002, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: DarthMaulSithLord ]

Bounty_Hunter_XP
05-23-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord:
I am sorry if i am offending you guys, but the US collectors are always complaining about all sorts of mere things when other people have it a whole lot worse.<font size="2" face="arial">Oh, that's just our nature.

We arguably have the most and best of pretty much everything, yet we p*ss and moan as if we were living in a 3rd world dictatorship.

05-24-2002, 02:17 AM
As a fellow Seattle area SW fan, I hear ya.

Did we even get the Bo Shek wave?

I saw a few Darth Vaders at the Northgate TRU on Tuesday.

I think we do get alot of stuff in but we also have a heavy scalper market here as well.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-27-2002, 07:47 PM
The only way of getting Star Wars here, is at scalpstores. Yes there is trading and buying from overseas, but that limits you. If i want 1 fig i can't get it. It would just cost too much. So i need to get a couple extra that i don't really want.

Hasbro sucks.

images/icons/frown.gif