PDA

View Full Version : Yuuzhan Vong

Wojo_Calrecium
05-08-2002, 11:33 PM
I would love to see a few of these ultimate warriors. They are such an amazing enemy that would make intersting figures with battle scars and tattoos. What do you guys think?

Swiss_Army_R5
05-09-2002, 12:08 AM
It's jsut me but I hate them. I think they are a ver bad addition to star wars. They just scream borg to me. (i just have this idea that
hoser 1 said "lets make a new bunch of bad guys."

hoser 2 said "ok lets make supoer powerful invaders from another galaxy umm that alter their bodies mechanically."

hoser 1 "good idea. But lets not get so so lets make them altered organically."

I'm sorry Im know im venting in this post. It's just that so many books beginning with that truce at bakura crap has such an unstarwars feel that it just well makes me mad.

Beedo
05-09-2002, 05:34 PM
I'll agree that they'd make cool-looking figures, but I'm getting rather tired of these "Ultimate Enemies From Outside Known Space" plots.

I haven't read any of the New Jedi Order stuff yet, but when I found out in The Essential Guide to Alien Species that Ithor had been destroyed, that just cheesed me off big-time. At least the concept was new with "Bakura," now it's practically cliché.

[ 05-10-2002, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Beedo ]

Swiss_Army_R5
05-10-2002, 06:03 PM
well bakura more annoyed me because it felt like the writer just used star wars as a means to promote her very un star wars tale.

Bleh bleh bleh why the heck destry Ithor? from what I read they were supposed to hate technology and like non tech users. Ithor would have been more plant less tech.

I hope Lucas does do films afterward the OT and undoes all this crap.

Beedo
05-10-2002, 06:21 PM
To quote Evil C-3PO:

"it felt like the writer just used star wars as a means to promote her very un star wars tale."

THANK YOU!!! images/icons/grin.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this! The worst of the bunch for that tendency has got to be The Crystal Star. And don't get me started on The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy. Jeter is a darn good writer, but he just can't write Star Wars.

Swiss_Army_R5
05-10-2002, 06:59 PM
Many around here agree with You and me Beedo. i'm just sad to say i own the hard back of that piece of junk. Zahn it wasn't.

HMm why don't they come out with more Zahn figures. Some of the aliens could be made. A defel, the 4 armed aliens from the planet. Talon Kardde and C'baoth too.

I forget about the one thing worse than the detruction of Ithor.

The freaking death of Chewbacca!

Angry_Ewok
05-10-2002, 08:08 PM
Well... this is a sticky subject for me and I hate to say you guys basically have spoiled the Ithor part for me (grrr, thanks a ton), but I don't really like the Yuzan whatevers, but I'm trying to curve to them a little. I don't like all this 'natural fiber' ****, if you know what I mean.
I would buy a few fig's though.

DrDave319
05-11-2002, 12:04 AM
I agree...
Although I'd STILL like to see a figure made, I'm sick of them.
I'm halfway through the NJO books and they're just getting OLD! Taken WAY too long to do what they want to do...I blame the authors!
Why isn't Steve Perry (the author of Shadows Of The Empire) writing anymore Star Wars books?????

DAVE

Swiss_Army_R5
05-11-2002, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry. I don't read those Vong books. I had seen it mentioned in many different things. Even the RPG guidebook so thought it was old news.
Sorry for spoiling it for you.

Angry_Ewok
05-12-2002, 12:42 AM
No problem, it's not the first spoiler I've had on the NJO... Hell the Fan Club Magazine ruined the surprise of what happened in the first book, so all I can do is read faster. lol.

05-14-2002, 06:28 PM
I thought "The Truce at Bakura" blew and I couldn't even finish "The Crystal Star", but I do like the NJO books. I do think it's starting to drag out a little bit but i was VERY tired of the resurrected Emperor and new forgotten about Imperial Warlord stories. After Zahn's Thrawn trilogy, all the other stories just seemed to fall short in that department. As far as the death of Chewie and the destruction of Ithor, they are at war right now *h*t happens in war. I think they're just trying to move the SW universe along and get it out of the stagnate place it's been sitting in.

That's just my two cents.

Swiss_Army_R5
05-14-2002, 08:21 PM
Crystal Star also wasn't so hot because it was written write after ANH came out.

I suppose they could have made up a planet and destroyed it. Heck blow up the Duro's planet or a planet froma know species. I don't know it's just Ithor was more interesting I guess and didn't seem to be something the VOng would blow up. (this coming from someone who knows only of the Vong through the RPG soucebook).

Chewie though is the least explained character and i would have like to have seen much more focusing on him. If they wanted to do something why not end his life debt and have him leave and do his own thing. Why not kill Lando. (not that id want to see this either) It's just in these sorts of things It too often that characters seemingly die and then have some beyond cheesy way in which they are brought back. I certainly hope they don't clone him back. What id hope is that Lucas does do later stories (He says he wont do Star Wars- which is on Anakin, but he could do something else in the same galaxy before or after the six episodes) which will show all of this to be hooey.

This thread is turning into a book discussion and not a figure discussion but oh well.

jedicrippler
05-14-2002, 10:57 PM
Splinter of the Mind's Eye was the first SW novel written after A New Hope debuted in theaters. Crystal Star was written a couple of years after the Thrawn Trilogy.

And the Vong wanted to destroy Ithor as it was discovered that one of the trees that grew there produced a pollen that could adversely affect their living armor, kinda like an allergic reaction, causing the armor to constrict until it killed the Vong inside (if memory serves). Corran Horn & one of the Vong commanders had a duel on Ithor to see whether or not it would survive. Horn won, but one of the Vong commander's underlings unleashed a poison into Ithor's atmosphere anyways, thus wiping out the planet & the problem of the baffor trees (ah, there's the name). Ithor was, again if memory serves, the only place these trees could sucessfully be grown.

Swiss_Army_R5
05-14-2002, 11:34 PM
thanks crippler. I was thinking of Splinter and got it mixed up. Thanks for the Vong info (though they still are a waste).

05-15-2002, 12:21 AM
Well, I for one like the books and would love to have some of the figures made....

Beedo
05-17-2002, 05:26 PM
As I recall, Momaw Nadon had some Baffor trees on Tatooine, and surely there must be some on Ithorian herdships scattered throughout the galaxy. I hope they escaped intact, 'cause I'd like to see the Vong wiped out. All of them.

Swiss_Army_R5
05-17-2002, 05:37 PM
well good i hope Ithorians can repopulate ithor with plants and stuff and kill the vong and let them never be heard from again. He he let the ewoks finish them off.

06-06-2002, 01:48 PM
back to the point, I WANT VONG, lots of em, generic warriors, the important ones...voxyn, all of them, please please please

Beaubi_Wan
06-11-2002, 11:24 AM
I don't like Vong...they seem very Star Trekky and they are definetly not star wars to me...