PDA

View Full Version : $125?????????????????

amanaboone
04-18-2002, 04:06 PM
I am going to keep this short. I have always paid whatever price Hasbro has slapped on the box of a Star Wars vehicle, but that will stop once the Shuttle Tydyrium is released. I know that it is not announced whether there will be any electronic features or not, but that still wouldn't make the ship worth $125. I've never made any kind of public complaint about Hasbro until now. I'm sure this complaint will not make much difference, because Hasbro figures with such a limited release that collectors will gobble the product up. I for one will not be buying this ship. I will be satisfied with the vintage representation.

DarthWormie
04-18-2002, 04:14 PM
$125 for a starship is completely insane. I don't care what "exclusive" figure or electronic gizmo's it contains.

Just look at what happened with the "Queens Royal Starship" from the last movie. They packed all the playability qualities, sounds and extras they could into it, marketed it for $99, and they still sat on the shelf until the prices were slashed.

My questions is how many feet does the Hasbro "beast" have that it can keep shooting itself in a different foot?

Bossk_MR
04-18-2002, 04:25 PM
Hey I called FAO about 2 minutes ago and it still has yet to be confirmed

Beedo
04-18-2002, 04:54 PM
FAO is my last chance of getting a Shuttle in good condition. So I'm getting one. And then, once my Imperial fleet is complete, see if I ever buy anything from Hasbro again.

WE REALLY DO CARE! Yeah, right. Frankly, I'm sickened. Literally and physically sickened. Hasbro has trampled on the people who pay their wages long enough. It stops with the Shuttle.

Angry_Ewok
04-18-2002, 05:06 PM
I'm very disapointed in Hasbro.
Question:

How many kids does Hasbro really think will be getting a Shuttle?

Answer:
I doubt they care about the kids.

Kneel_Before_Zod
04-18-2002, 05:10 PM
oh it's confirmed alright, i got on the fao orlando preorder list.

these will NOT sit on the shelf because every store is ONLY getting the exact number of shuttles they pre-sell.

for weeks during the recent speculation everyone has been saying that if it comes out it will be limited and expensive....this is going to keep that queen's starship debacle from happening all over again.

dealers will soak up the 5000 pre-order limit very quickly, so i suggest everyone just get on the damned list and use the next 7 months to scrape together the $125.00

it's expensive, but this has always been an expensive hobby - i'm just glad the thing is getting made at all...sign me up

Beedo
04-18-2002, 07:17 PM
This is such a heartening post, I think it deserves to be repeated on every BB topic about the FAO Shuttle, so if you see this several times, my apologies, I'm just trying to cover all bases and make sure everyone who is interested might see it. Ready? Here we go....

I just pre-ordered my Shuttles (one for me, one for my pal "Wildman") from the Orlando FAO Schwartz outlet, which is now taking pre-orders. Kind, courteous, professional, friendly, and helpful people are waiting to take your calls.

And they say they are looking to take pre-orders into JUNE.

Hear that? That may mean they will make enough Shuttles to fill the pre-orders! Of course, pre-orders will take precedence when it comes to shipping and so forth, but it's a bit more heartening than hearing that there are only going to be 5,000 Shuttles to distribute throughout the entire world, isn't it?

I am suddenly feeling somewhat less murderously hostile. images/icons/grin.gif

[ 04-18-2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Beedo ]

DarthMaulSithLord
04-18-2002, 09:15 PM
I already commented on this in the Saga section. I for one will not get it. $125 is too much. I got the E1 Queen's Royal Starship for $60 shipped to my location in The Netherlands and i will refuse to pay more than $80 for this Shuttle shipping included. If Hasbro wants it to sell they better drop that price to $55-60 and quick! And it better come with 2 Imperial Pilots and electronics. Damn Hasbro.

images/icons/mad.gif

[ 04-18-2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: DarthMaulSithLord ]

04-19-2002, 02:26 PM
I would be happy to attempt to save up to 80.00 for this vehicle. ive done it before and will do it again. or not. $125.00????????? i almost feel like shouting:

I HATE THIS!!!!!!! images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif

images/icons/mad.gif

images/icons/smile.gif

Angry_Ewok
04-19-2002, 04:16 PM
Even if I had that kind of money I couldn't look myself in the mirror for buying a $125 TOY.

Honestly, if I made a ton of cash, and $125 wasn't dirt for me, of course I would buy it because frankly I love toys. I'm like that uncle who loves playing with you when nobody else will (and usually having more fun).

It's just ridiculous to put such a huge pricetag on a toy, big or not, it's also exclusive, thus making it all but unaccessable to me even if I DID make that kind of money. I live in Alabama, from what I know the closest FAO is in Atlanta, GA. That's a 4 hour drive and the only family I got there are basically untrustworthy.

04-21-2002, 12:04 AM
Congratulations Hasbro. Congratulations for screwing everyperson not living in the United States, and even quite a few who do. I've wanted a shuttle for years now. And finally one comes along and it is unnatainable. I live on the other side of the globe. In My country (Australia) 125 dollars meant 250 dollars. Add to that shipping and handling costs and there you have it. Plus even if I did get one it would have to be from a scalper who will charge more than 250 US dollars.

I wish Lucas would put a Shuttle in Episode 3 just so it could be sold as a non exclusive and everyone could get one.