PDA

View Full Version : New vehicles too expensive?

DarthMaulSithLord
04-09-2002, 06:18 PM
Does anyone here agree that Hasbro should lower the prices on their vehicle assortment? I mean c'mon, a non-electronic TIE-Bomber, -Interceptor, AT-ST or a Snowspeeder for $30 and a B-Wing for $39.99! That's ridiculous! Even worse, if you live in Europe this means you will be paying:

- TIE-Bomber,-Interceptor, Snowpeeder and AT-ST $40-50.
- B-Wing: $60.

I think $24.99 would have been a much better price for the medium vehicles and $29.99 for the B-Wing. Now if they were electronic, i'd buy them for their current prices, but seeing as they are simple knock-offs of old mold/products(most of them anyway) i can't really justify these prices. It just feels as if Hasbro's trying to screw us over.

Who agrees?

images/icons/confused.gif

04-09-2002, 08:18 PM
i agree just because of the simple fact that you can get vintage vehicles for this price,hell i just won a vintage boxed snowspeeder on ebay the other day for $26 thats less than the current one and mine is 22 years old!

Beedo
04-10-2002, 05:24 PM
I agree completely.

Unfortunately, by necessity, exclusives are always going to be more expensive. I don't like it, or even condone it, but I recognize it as a fact of life.

Sucks, though, don't it?

If you were lucky enough, Target stores were reducing the prices of their B-Wings to $15 in some places around October-November.

Sucks to be a Star Wars collector outise the continental United States, doesn't it? images/icons/mad.gif

And I still think the vehicles would be much cooler if they had electronics in them. images/icons/grin.gif

[ 04-10-2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Beedo ]

04-11-2002, 06:47 AM
Then, we get the arugment that new ones can't be made because they are poor sellers, and most end of on clearance...I argree the prices are steep, but I don't think it will change any time soon...if the new Walker from AOTC is made, I think it's the AT-TE, people are suggesting a $39.99 retail price...yeah right...it will be at least $59.99, probably more if it's similar in size the the AT AT...the Republic Gunship is going to be $39.99 at least...it holds 10 figures, so it's going to be high...AOTC Slave 1 will probably be about the same as well....most of these ships are at least $10 overpriced...that's the beauty of having a monopoly though...

DarthMaulSithLord
04-11-2002, 10:15 AM
Are there any electronic vehicles coming with AOTC? Besides the two Coruscant Speeders?

Beedo
04-11-2002, 04:20 PM
The two speeders are going to be electronic? That's news to me! Hope so. I'd be happier of the gunship had electronics, though.

As collectors, I'm afraid we only have two options: cave in and pay what the monopoly demands, or give up the hobby.

How ironic, considering that the board game Monopoly is also manufactured by the Hasbro Empire. images/icons/grin.gif

[ 04-11-2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Beedo ]

DarthMaulSithLord
04-12-2002, 06:06 PM
In that case i'll give up. They've screwed me over enough. I am sick and tired of their stupid decissions and "cutbacks". I want to go to the nearest store and get me the items i really want without paying an arm and a leg, i.e. $15 per fig!!! Hasbro, do something about this! Get off your fat bums and do something big for a change!

images/icons/mad.gif

Beedo
04-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Maul, I couldn't agree more. I think you've nailed the crux of the issue right there.

We have a practice in England. We sit and complain bitterly about something for hours on end, then finish off with "Oh, well, mustn't grumble." images/icons/wink.gif

Let's just hope all this grumbling accomplishes something! images/icons/grin.gif

04-13-2002, 11:59 AM
YAY! GRUMBLING! im still grumbling at hasbro for lack of figures, and the only b-wing i found was.........80.00! no joke. i saw tie interceptor for 30.00, but i dont have 30.00 to spend on a tie interceptor whenever i feel like it. images/icons/frown.gif

as for the ATST, bomber and speeder, i havent seen those yet.........

images/icons/smile.gif

DarthMaulSithLord
04-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Let's start a (European) petition!!!

images/icons/grin.gif

Beedo
04-13-2002, 04:31 PM
An excellent idea, Maul!

EIGHTY QUID FOR A B-WING?!! That's obscene! www.toy-palace.com (http://www.toy-palace.com) is the cheapest way to get one in Europe that I've come across. The Private Universe (http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html) might have some better info, though. Alternatively, you could take a holiday to the States, take an empty suitcase, and fill it up there. Bound to be the cheapest option in the long run. That's what I did last August. images/icons/grin.gif

DarthMaulSithLord
04-14-2002, 10:37 AM
Ok everyone that is interested in helping with the petition, e-mail me!!!

PS: Europeans let's get this ball rolling!

images/icons/smile.gif

Tyler_Pugmire
04-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Beedo:

As collectors, I'm afraid we only have two options: cave in and pay what the monopoly demands, or give up the hobby.
<font size="2" face="arial">Three options actually...
CUSTOMIZE!! Go down to Radio Shack (Or whatever you guys have over there), and buy a bunch of LED's, battery holders and some wire and get going! It's fun!!
-Ty-

Beedo
04-19-2002, 05:55 PM
Sounds like a darn nifty idea regarding custom electronics, but I've got all the electronics skills of the average hermit crab. I can install a battery in a battery compartment, snip some wires, and that's about it. If I could, I'd definitely follow up on your suggestion, though.

[ 04-19-2002, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Beedo ]

svarthofdi
05-07-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord:
Does anyone here agree that Hasbro should lower the prices on their vehicle assortment? I mean c'mon, a non-electronic TIE-Bomber, -Interceptor, AT-ST or a Snowspeeder for $30 and a B-Wing for $39.99! That's ridiculous! Even worse, if you live in Europe this means you will be paying:

- TIE-Bomber,-Interceptor, Snowpeeder and AT-ST $40-50.
- B-Wing: $60.

I think $24.99 would have been a much better price for the medium vehicles and $29.99 for the B-Wing. Now if they were electronic, i'd buy them for their current prices, but seeing as they are simple knock-offs of old mold/products(most of them anyway) i can't really justify these prices. It just feels as if Hasbro's trying to screw us over.

Who agrees?

images/icons/confused.gif <font size="2" face="arial">

svarthofdi
05-07-2002, 06:24 AM
I totally agree,I'm from Iceland (which is european) and there the new saga figures cost me about $18.50 and the new Jedi starfighter costs $55. images/icons/confused.gif
That's a rip-off.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-07-2002, 09:45 AM
Are those normal or comic store prices?

Bounty_Hunter_XP
05-17-2002, 08:46 PM
I might complain about prices IF I COULD FIND THE DAMN THINGS!!!!!

The FIRST non-Ep1 vehicles I have found in a STORE (not in a 2nd market dealer's shop) in 3 years was the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder at Wal-Mart. And yes I bought them both.

This "exclusive" crap sucks, because not only are the shops limited but supplies are limited too. There are RIGHT NOW as many people willing to buy a B-Wing, Y-Wing, and TIE Interceptor at full MSRP as have bought them already. Same for many figures. It's as if Hasbro WANTS us to buy them at 100% markups from second-market dealers.

Since I'd buy the pilots anyway (if they were sold on blister packs), I don't mind $30 for a snowspeeder featuring two all new figures. And I didn't mind so much the TIE Bomber.

It's hardly ever FINDING this stuff that pisses ME off.

I'm already worrying about missing out on the new Tydirium Shuttle....

DarthMaulSithLord
05-18-2002, 07:12 AM
Just multiply that by a thousand and you'll know how i feel. It's the same **** all over in The Netherlands. Crap stores have had the stuff for 2 weeks now and they only have 3 different figs! TRU has more, but it's real far away and they didn't stock enough of each figure.

Dammit, i hate this country. Wish i had some dough so i could move to the US.

images/icons/frown.gif

MetalJedi
05-23-2002, 01:01 AM
I feel your pain my Euro brother. I really think its unfair for collectors outside of the States to pay more. Its bad enough that EVERYTHING goes on eBay. I think that ALL vehicles should be 25 bucks electronic or not. And make a BUNCH of them. Who care if they sit around and go on clearance?? We'll eventually want more. I had to shell out 50 bucks for a friggin Tie Interceptor that hasnt even been out a year yet! Its time for a change Hasbro.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 09:31 AM
That Ebay **** happens here too. When TPM came out here, a store chain offered up a bunch of older POTF2 items. I got 4-5 figs and decided to return early the next day to get some more (didn't have enough cash on me). So i return and all of the good stuff was gone!!! Only about 1/2 was left! All the rares were out of there!

What's even worse. When i went to a store in Amsterdam where i got a lot of my Star Wars from, i found a TIE-Pilot and under the pricetag was the tag of "Blokker", i.e. the store that sold the older POTF2 toys.

Man i hate that store now. He probably bought up all the good stuff in all the "Blokker" stores in and around Amsterdam.

Lousy *******.

images/icons/frown.gif

[ 05-23-2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: DarthMaulSithLord ]