PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Playsets = HUGE Diorama

JesseJames
02-19-2002, 04:16 PM
I'm all for this too... As for details, check out NiubNiub's site for true accuracy!

I'd dig this for multiple sets, like a sectional Millenium Falcon.

The Death Star's an excellent idea though. Those who want to, can expand their Death Star as big as they can possibly make it/afford. And those who just want a small set can pick and choose their enviroments.

NiubNiub
02-20-2002, 01:19 AM
What I would LOVE to see are Playsets of various Death Star rooms, each sold seperately, but can be connected to each other to form a giang Diorama.

This way people can aford the 15-20 range for each set AND have an incentive to get the others as well.

Look at the BIG picture. Even if it takes 2 years to get them all.

Maybe this can be done for Jedi's 25th Anniversary.

Nicklab
02-20-2002, 01:26 AM
This is definitely a great idea. The Death Star has great potential. Just look at some of the possibilities...
We already have the Detention Block and Light Bridge to start with, but you can also do...
Tractor Beam Generator w/Ben

Detention Cell with Leia

Trash Compactor

Detention Center console w/Officer

Command Center console w/ Death Star Gunner or Death Star Trooper

Dataport/Computer console with R2-D2

Turbolaser with Death Star Gunner

And those are just off the top of my head! There are other locales that this could work with, like the Cantina from A New Hope, Echo Base from The Empire Strikes Back, The Jedi Council Chamber from The Phantom Menace, The Emporer's Throne Room from Return Of The Jedi, or Jabba's Palace from Return Of The Jedi. Think about the possibilities!

Capt_Fantastic
02-20-2002, 03:51 PM
This is what Hasbro should have been doing from the very beginning. How hard would it be to produce a Jabbas throne room that connected to a dungeon playset? Or a cantina that could have the bar on one side and the rest of the room(with a stage area for the band)on the other.

BillyC
02-26-2002, 01:53 AM
Niubniub,

Great Idea! This would be a killer Idea. It kind of reminds me of the vintage Micro Collection. I always wanted Kenner to add on to the first Death Star Play set.

Hasbro could do a killer job with something like this.

02-26-2002, 10:36 PM
This is an awesome idea , I would buy em all!
The only problem is finding the space....