PDA

View Full Version : SW Galaxies figures?

DarthNader
12-13-2001, 08:01 PM
I think it would be really cool if Hasbro made a figure line to coincide with the release of the Star Wars Galaxies video game. If you haven't heard about the game, check it out at:
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com

In the game, players will be able to create their own characters, choosing from eight playable species (Human, Twi'lek, Rodian, Bothan, Mon Calamari, Trandoshan, Zabrak, & Wookie). I think it would be cool if Hasbro made figures of possible characters from the game, such as a Twi'lek smuggler, a Wookie merchant, or a Mon Calamari pilot. Ideally they would be generic enough to easily customize, yet interesting enough to display freshly out of the package. Fans of the role-playing game could also use these figures. And I think even hardcore movie-only collectors could use some generic looking aliens as background in diaromas.

I'm bringing this up now, even though the release of the game is almost a year away, because I think the game is going to be huge and I know Hasbro needs a lot of lead time to produce action figures.

Imagine our first female Trandoshan, Wookie, Zabrak or Mon Calamari figures, not to mention the very first Bothan!

What do the rest of you think?

LandotheScoundrel
12-14-2001, 08:29 AM
Great idea, but even if these aren't made, I'd like a Bothan spy action figure.

DarthNader
12-15-2001, 05:53 PM
Yeah, Lando, the Bothan is the figure I'm most excited about. I think I'm gonna play as one when I get the game (a year from now!).

I think this line would do really well. Diaroma builders always need background characters in their scenes. Star Wars role-players could use the figures in their games. These would be ideal for customizers. And, of course, really cool for the thousands of people who will play SWG!

12-20-2001, 06:40 AM
I agree, and I don't think it would be too hard...you already have molds for most of these...even maul head could be used, so the only species never made before would be bothan...I think it's a great idea....

DarthNader
03-08-2002, 10:16 AM
I had another idea to advance the easy customization of these figures. Hasbro has already given us figures with removable heads and hands, how about exchangable heads and hands? Imagine transforming your Zabrak scoundrel into a Rodian scoundrel, your Rodian Jedi into a Twi-lek Jedi, your Twi-lek merchant into a human merchant, and your human moisture farmer into a Zabrak moisture farmer, all by switching around some heads and hands. Of course this feature would be very difficult to implement on too-tall Wookiees, big-footed Trandoshans, huge forearmed Mon Calamari and short little Bothans, but would be really cool for the ones above.

These would make fabulous background characters for diaromas and could also be used in roleplaying campaigns!

Todd4LOM
03-13-2002, 01:04 AM
Sweet idea, Nader! If this was an offshoot line I think it would be a hit.

JesseJames
03-13-2002, 01:31 AM
It's an awesome idea, and depending on the popularity of the game, I'd enjoy a whole line of these...

I'm curious what unique people's encountered that they could produce (Non-player, etc...)

Playsets and vehicles even (In moderate scales/#'s)

DarthNader
04-30-2002, 01:02 AM
Wow! SWG keeps getting cooler and cooler! The official site for the game recently announced that Dathomir will be an explorable world at launch. Not only could an SWG line produce figures of the different playable species/character-types I listed above, we could also see some really cool NPC figures of the Nightsisters on Dathomir or Marauders on Endor. Add a Bothan into the mix and all my Star Wars dreams would come true.

Okay. Not really. There will always be more stuff I will want, but these figures would make me pretty gosh-darn happy!

Real_Scooby
04-30-2002, 04:14 AM
MAybe Hasbro could include at least one figure with the game, like they did when the Classic Star Wars Monopoly CD came with that lead figure of Anakins Spirit

On the other thought. I better dont cry to loud bout including figures with the game itself, cause Hasbro could get the idea to include different figures with the game. Thats their idea of a COLLECTIBLE GAME then.

Swiss_Army_R5
04-30-2002, 10:58 PM
ahh that would be cool. a male and female head for every race and set bodies for them all by class. (hmm poor wookies wouldnt work out though.)

[ 04-30-2002, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Evil C-3PO ]

Swiss_Army_R5
06-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Nader yeah I did get the idea mostly from you. I've always been try to make some customs that could do that.

Hasbro could at least do the make your own fig like they did for the design your own GIJOE and Cobra figures long ago.

06-26-2002, 12:31 AM
Great idea, but maybe you should be able to customize the character, like have different types of human. Ranging from sit hand jedi to bounty hunters. You can customize them to match your character and your friend's characters. Overall good idea though. images/icons/grin.gif

Beedo
06-26-2002, 03:47 PM
Galaxies figures! Genius! Sign me up!

svarthofdi
09-12-2002, 08:42 AM
Way cool,when the game comes out,I either gonna be a Bothan or a Trandoshan.
Make more generic figures,like some generic Rebel pilots or generic Imperial officers. images/icons/cool.gif

Victor_Von_Doom
09-14-2002, 04:53 PM
I'd buy it!

09-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by DarthNader:
I had another idea to advance the easy customization of these figures. Hasbro has already given us figures with removable heads and hands, how about exchangable heads and hands? Imagine transforming your Zabrak scoundrel into a Rodian scoundrel, your Rodian Jedi into a Twi-lek Jedi, your Twi-lek merchant into a human merchant, and your human moisture farmer into a Zabrak moisture farmer, all by switching around some heads and hands. Of course this feature would be very difficult to implement on too-tall Wookiees, big-footed Trandoshans, huge forearmed Mon Calamari and short little Bothans, but would be really cool for the ones above.

These would make fabulous background characters for diaromas and could also be used in roleplaying campaigns!<font size="2" face="arial">I couldn't agree with you more. My son has the deluxe C-3PO and they have exchangable parts. I would buy them. images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/smile.gif images/icons/smile.gif