PDA

View Full Version : Curious about something...

Log
09-04-2001, 04:37 AM
For years now, I've seen collectors post in various boards that they want stands to come with their figures so that they don't have to worry about them falling over.

I've also talked to collectors I know personally and they too would like stands to come with their figures.

Now, I'm curious as to how the figures in your G.I. Joe line can come with stands(and better articulation and accessories as well) yet the Star Wars figures have no stands.

If one line in your company already employs the use of stands, why can't the SW line use stands as well? Sure there were CommTech Chips but those jacked up the price of figures when all collectors wanted were stands that wouldn't increase the price of anything; just add to the displayability of their figures.

Anyway, it just strikes me odd that one Hasbro line has had stands for it's figures for years now and one line hasn't had stands when the fans have been VERY vocal in demanding them.

Any plans on making stands that won't jack up the price so that the SW collectors don't have to worry about their figures taking nose dives from their shelves?

[This message has been edited by PhoenixCollector (edited 09-04-2001).]

Qui_Tom_Jinn
09-05-2001, 09:42 PM
This would be the only pack in that I would have any interest in. This one would actually be useful. Of course, now that I have a surplus of 200 Realstands, this is not as big of a concern for me as in the past.

------------------
Hasbro's new marketing strategy: "That new Darth Maul isn't a resculpt. We prefer the term clone™."

™ HASBRO, INC.
All rights reserved.

PodRacer_X
09-06-2001, 06:14 AM
Stands are always nice pack-ins if you're musing over what to pack in for EP:2, but my all time favorite pack in are accessories like chairs (Yoda), small droids (Beru, Vader), scene specific props (Wuher) and, of course, weapons.