PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe action figures!

06-01-2001, 08:21 AM
I'd like to know any of your ideas for a deluxe figure(besides ephont mon and ROTJ jabba). here are mine:
Darth maul: figure w/ removable robe (soft goods) and painted chest and legs. Removable robes and cloaks from the conceptual drawings could also be there. Definetly a saber that breakes in half in the middle w/ one blade that comes out to(like the SL Maul.).
R2-D2: Launching Lightsaber. attatchable serving tray. button that plays 9 recorded beep sequences. Light-up holo projecter w/ holographic luke.
C-3PO: attachable and detachable gold plating(wire body underneath!) 5 podracer flags (one will be anikin's of cource!!) lightbulb in head to make eyes light-up.
Thanks! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Darth Gouthraop (edited 06-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Darth Gouthraop (edited 06-01-2001).]

06-01-2001, 08:31 PM
More Ideas!!
Nute Gunray:Figure w/ removable robe. walking chair and O-OM9 with sound effects and lines.
Darth Vader& Emp. Palpatine:Holo Palp. and Holo pad w/ Kneelable DV.

06-02-2001, 11:42 AM
Perhaps the notion of deluxe figures has gotten us a shade carried away in terms of plausibility... Amanaman comes with Salacious Crumb because Crumb is, what, a foot tall in "real life". I do very much approve of a plastic Mechno-Chair, perhaps even with another Nute sitting in it or a teal Sidious hologram, but shouldn't the good, binocular-wielding Kay Bee OOM-9 see release on an individual card?

The Emperor Hologram would indeed appeal greatly. Given the amount of plastic involved it might qualify as a playset, but I agree that it wouldn't be complete without a "What is thy bidding, my master?" Darth Vader figure in accompaniment.

R2-D2 with pop-up lightsabre hilt, Luke Skywalker Hologram, and removable serving tray may suffice - or even materialize - as an elaborate basic carded figure. The light-up feature would be interesting, but how would it be done? The figure casts a beam of light onto the plastic hologram? I wonder if there's adequate space inside the astromech mold to accomodate the COMMtech chip, the lamp mechanism, and the spring-action mechanism, although no one would deny that figures of such a magnitude would justify the current seven-dollar retail price.

If you'll allow me to divulge what may be a mild spoiler in the case of Episode II...

C-3PO gains ordinary metal plating, as seen at TFN and the official site, when certain protagonists return to Tatooine. It is to be inferred that in Episode III he obtains full gold plating, as is seen in Episode IV, or perhaps he only receives the added decoration when he is given to the Royal House of Alderaan. A flag-bearing C-3PO is a great idea, even if he's only carrying Anakin's flag...

But a Threepio with removable gray plating would be one hell of a Sneak Preview figure!

As for Maul... Given the shipping ratio of the Crusade incarnation we might not see a third Deluxe assortment. Given that the solid cases of Jedi Duel Mauls almost singlehandedly destroyed the Star Wars section at Toys R Us, the re-release of the Sith Apprentice version in such quantity arouses fearful speculation. Between Jedi Duel, Tatooine, Sith Speeder, Trophy Assortment, Sith Lord, Final Duel, Sith Apprentice, and Crusade, every man, woman, and child in the free world should have a version of the Sith Lord. If they must release another then it needs to be packed one per case... Let's swim in heaping overorders of Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Biker Scouts, and RFTs for a change.

[This message has been edited by dustin_baetz (edited 06-02-2001).]

MisterPL
06-21-2001, 06:21 PM
Hi Andy,

I'd like to chime in with a few suggestions of my own:

Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise) with Detention Block Console (Death Star - ANH) - a mini-diorama that allows you to place Han at the detention block console and, with the turn of a lever, blow it up just like in the movie. Could light up, could have an electronic voice ("Who is this? What's your operating number?") and sound effects.

Probe Droid with Protective Cocoon (Hoth - TESB) - Super-articulated without the missile firing gimmick, this should be treated as a direct descendant to the Destroyer Droid. Includes flip-over panels to reveal battle damage, retractable antennae, and a break-away shell for atmospheric entry.

Bespin Han Solo with Torture Rack (Cloud City - TESB) - a pretty pained-looking Han, stripped of his weapon and holster, strapped to a diabolical light-up "interrogation" table. Not enough? Add a unique Bespin guard.

Luke Skywalker & Biggs Darklighter (Cut Scene - ANH) - A simple little two-pack featuring the definitive (and final?) Tatooine Luke with his desert poncho and Biggs in his academy uniform with cape. Enough articulation for both to hold macrobinoculars and then sit and chat about the good old days.

C-3PO with Oil Bath (Lars' Garage - ANH (& Ep. II?)) - An excuse to finally get a Threepio with articulated knees! The challenge would be to design the bath so he could be lowered into it. Could be multi-level with floor grates that open to reveal "garage guts" for him to work on.

Ak Rev & Umpass with Thunder Drum (Jabba's Palace - ROTJ-SE) - The alien percussionists from The Special Edition complete with their own massive drum. Helps to supplement the Max Rebo Band pairs.

Yarna D'al Gargan and Rappertunie with Water Organ (Jabba's Palace - ROTJ-SE) - Combining an original trilogy character with one from The Special Edition, this would complete the Jabbapalooza line up.

Ewoks with Catapault (Endor - ROTJ) - The plea for more Ewoks is answered with this two-pack with catapault weapon from the Battle of Endor.

General Madine with Tactical Holographic Projector (Rebel Frigate - ROTJ) - A clear plastic "holographic image" of the second Death Star "hovers" above the light-up tactical projector as General Crix Madine describes the plan of attack. (Okay, so it was Ackbar that gave the lecture; I want my Madine!) Probably to scale with the planets in the Complete Galaxy line.

Nute Gunray with Mechno-chair (Theed Palace - TPM) - The Neimoidian Viceroy atop his throne-like mechno-chair. Might not be a bad place to add a miniature "holographic" OOM-9...

Queen Amidala with Throne & View Screen (Theed Palace - TPM) - A seated (cloth goods?) version of the Queen as she confronts the Neimoidian Viceroy and contemplates the iminent Trade Federation invasion with her advisors. The throne has sliding or flip-over panels that reveal a hidden arsenal of weapons.

Let me know if you need sketches and we'll work something out : )

MisterPL
06-27-2001, 05:46 PM
One more:

Dianoga (Trash Compactor - ANH) - A nice, big trash compactor monster, complete with bendable tentacles and blinking eye. While its size alone would probably be enough for Deluxe consideration, maybe a resculpted Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise would sweeten the package.

wampa_ems
07-08-2001, 01:35 PM
what about a transforming droideka? ive been wanting to see one of those forever!

07-17-2001, 03:58 PM
I have my own ideas for deluxe figures...
1 A Han Solo in trooper disgise with cloth body glove and snap on armor
2 Ultumate Vader, much articulation, removable 2part helmet, saber with removable blade, cloth cape, switchable chest plates (green and blue button) see through eyes tinted red, an errie Anakin Face, a saber swinging action, and the best feeature of all, NOT SHORTPACKED!
3 Ewok accessorie set, with ewok spear, bow, bird caller, trooper helmets to play like drums and a belt with daggar.
4 Ree Yees with punching action, cloth skirt, and real feel skin like Jurrassic park dinos
5 Water Cyc (Dark Forces 2) with bendy tentacles and a jedi Kyle Katarn
6 a tall Yareal Poof
7 Dark Jedi Gorc and Pic
8 Admiral Daala with ITO droid and Han Solo
9 Deluxe beasts Kell Dragon, Krayt Dragon, furry Wampa