PDA

View Full Version : Lets start a petition for Sandcrawler for the action figures

05-24-2001, 03:13 PM
I would prefer it to be something new but I'll take the old one if they re-issue it.

Who wants one! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

Darth_Broem
05-24-2001, 04:30 PM
Sounds good to me. Better than paying $300 or whatever the the secondary market is for the original version.

Then again it may be that much at retail anyway http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

Just kidding.

05-24-2001, 08:43 PM
just thought I'd toss this out, what about a carry case shaped like a sandcrawler, that would have rolling wheels, a ramp door and a cockpit? If it was made to a good scale, I think it would fly. I think it would be way better than the Falcon case, and would have good play/display value as well.

------------------
"Who's scruffy-looking?"

05-24-2001, 09:31 PM
Yea, a sand crawler would rock, but yes it would have to have a decent scale. Carry case would be ok, but throw in an exclusive figure or two. And not like that lame rolled up destroyer droid that came with the r2 carry case

------------------
It IS as bad as I think it is, and they ARE out to get me

Valcour
05-26-2001, 12:36 AM
Yes it's the time to get a completely new sculpted and much more accurate sculpted sandcrawler vehicle that is much huger than the vintage one. While it's huge, it doesn't have difficult sculpting details: loading area, elevator, stairs, cockpit and movable wheels in 4 inch figure height. Pack in much of the missing sandcrawler droids, especially: RA-7, M-HYD, Mining Droid, R1-G4, CZ-1 (upper side) and a further exclusive jawa scavenger with a droid caller utility. That's what is going to rock...

------------------
4-INCHES (http://www.4-inches.de)
valcour@4-inches.de

New_world_Hoarder
05-26-2001, 07:10 AM
Should we move this to the CC Andy@Hasbro forum? Well any way Im with yas. I would like a reissue of the vingate, or a carry case, of just a big hollow chunk of plastic with no packaging like the falcon cases. As long as it looks cool with the figures and I can have my Tuscans and sandtroopers attack it and maasacre the jawas. How about a sandcrawler "storage case" with a bunch of interchangable droid parts like the old Jawa droid factory playset had back in the day. The premise could be that its a place to stor your extra loose weopons and such. That would greatly reduce the cost as compared to a reissue of the remote controll version. Think of all the droids you could make if you bought several of the sets! Oh yeah I need about 20 more jawas if anybody has a sack full loose to sell.

05-27-2001, 04:36 PM
Sign me up for one of those!

------------------
"Crazy. Toys in the atic, I am Crazy."

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

05-28-2001, 11:22 AM
A sandcrawler would be awesome, as long as it has a reasonable scale...would have to be on the range of an AT-AT or the Naboo Royal Cruiser, so that puts it in the $100 range @ least...

05-28-2001, 04:59 PM
Definitly a good idea. That is one of the only vehicles I'm waiting for.

Amarch, the carry case is a cool idea, but we all know they'll cheeze it up with some big goofy handle or something.

I say, give us a Sandcrawler to scale, with a pack-in Jawa and some other droid.

------------------
Duct tape is like the Force there's a light and a dark side, and it still holds the universe together.

For New Englanders: http://pub48.ezboard.com/bnewenglandstarwarsgroup

[This message has been edited by DarthTheodoros (edited 05-28-2001).]

05-28-2001, 06:28 PM
I agree that they would probably screw up a collector case,so even if it wasan't a remote control toy that would be fine,Just add some nice details.I would like all the opening doors and hatche's like before,and maybe add a few sound effects with a little light up screen inside that show C3po from a distance.They could really take the old toy and modify it into a really nice toy.I would really hope for a all new Sandcrawler but I think that would be wishing for two much.

I think the Sandcrawler and Deathstar playset are two very desirable items.