PDA

View Full Version : Commercials

05-02-2001, 09:24 PM
Hasbro needs to advertise the new POTJ line through TV, that way, kids will gain interest and stores will order more figures.

------------------
"Sometimes monkeys die."

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

SpaceGhost2K
05-02-2001, 10:34 PM
If they can advertise "Shoezies" at $3.99 each, they can surely afford a new, action filled SW commercial.

Trouble is, commercials need ships, playsets, etc, and there AREN'T ANY! You can't just go "Here's a guy, and here's ANOTHER guy, and here's a girl, eww, and here's an ALIEN!...."

05-03-2001, 10:56 AM
We'll be getting several ships throughout the rest of this year...

Tie Interceptor
Bwing
Crashed Xwing
Crashed ATST

And potentially a TIE Bomber next year.

LandotheScoundrel
05-03-2001, 11:20 AM
There's nothing more appealing to a kid than a crashed spaceship.

Ty
05-03-2001, 03:55 PM
Heya Blue, aint it a crashed Snowspeeder http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif

Anyhoo, a commercial would be nice, but not like those horrible ones they had in '95 and 96.. the guy who sounds like an angry body builing army commander guy screaming at the top of his lungs "YOU TOO CAN HAVE THE POWER OF THE FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bring on a few commercials, it'd be pretty cool to check out a commercial with Amanaman and introdicing the Luke Bacta Playset, TIE Interceptor ect. Nothing like re-kindling kiddy intrest with a commercial during Saterday morning 'toons..

SpaceGhost2K
05-03-2001, 06:58 PM
"Hey, kids! With the new 'Star Wars: Power of the Jedi' action figures, you can...
*POW* Blast an alien!
*SLASH* Take off a head!
*thump* Hang out at the cantina and get falling down drunk on Rodian Liquor!
Put an eye out! Swallow an accessory! Loads of fun four hours of play! If you can find them, get yours today!"

*Disclaimer: Ships in commercial not available at all, uh, most, um, any store. Use your imagination, punks!*

PodRacer_X
05-04-2001, 06:02 AM
The Force is with you in Hasbro's Power of the Jedi toys!!!

COLLECT THEM ALL!

No, seroiusly, I dare you to collect them all. Betcha can't do it.

Scout_Trooper
05-05-2001, 10:29 AM
Wow heres some toys you will never see, you live in England.

RocketFett
05-07-2001, 10:16 AM
Yeah, why isn't hasbro making commercials with the new Star Wars figures? Showing how good they are and showing them during whatever shows kids watch when they're home from school and during Saturday morning cartoons. All they'd have to do is make two or three new commercials showing off all the newest best figures and ships, and show the heck out of them at peak times for kids during their shows. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif They'd sell a lot more with that minimum effort. A lot less peg warmers too.

------------------
Please visit my homepage at http://freeweb.pdq.net/nighthawk/starwars.htm Thanks.

05-07-2001, 11:04 AM
I am ambivilant about commercials....I mean can the vintage "WAMPA!!WAMPA!!!WAMPA!!!" commercial ever be out cheesed?

I think not.

Although I do like the bet chya can't collect them all tagline.

Or maybe the have a holy grail themed commercial where a couple o collectors fall to their knees in a Walmart and weep as they find an Aurra Sing and Scout (or anyother HTF POTJ) on the pegs

------------------
You weren't on any MERCY mission this time.

PodRacer_X
05-07-2001, 11:05 AM
I don't think they should do it. TV advertising is as expensive as hell, and there's absolutely no product out there on the pegs. Plus, right now between films, collectors are doing almost all of the buying, and we already know of everything that's supposed to be out. Ads would almost certainly be aimed at kids.

I say don't spend more money advertising toys you can't keep in stores. Fulfill demand first, then worry about attracting more customers.

Sithblade
05-08-2001, 02:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Great Darth Mazinga:
..Can the vintage "WAMPA!!WAMPA!!!WAMPA!!!" commercial ever be out cheesed?

I think not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, God! I forgot about that one!!LOL http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

05-09-2001, 09:20 AM
how about some stop motion commercials using action figures that "really move?" like on that Nickelodeon show Kablam where they had The Flesh and Stinky Diver and Meltman and that lot...i love that show! And action figures moving by themselves blowing the crap out of each is definatley more appealing than just tykes crashing spaceships and smiling.

05-10-2001, 04:42 PM
Maybe with commercials, more stores would order cases, and, More cases.

------------------
"Crazy. Toys in the atic, I am Crazy."

All Your Base Are Belong To Us