PDA

View Full Version : Episode I army builders I'd like to see

RebelTrooper
03-28-2001, 03:12 PM
BATTLE DROID
I'd like to see a resculpted standard infantry Battle Droid with no battle damage markings on it. The Security Battle Droid sculpt minus the red markings and back lever would do nicely here. I think this would sell very well. I'd buy at least 14 of these, possibly more.

NABOO SECURITY OFFICER
These guys wore the same type of outfit as Captain Panaka. I'd like to see an all new sculpt with this figure that doesn't use any of the same parts as the Captain Panaka figure. A straight leg pose would be nice as well. Again, I would think it would sell very well, especially if the standard infantry Battle Droid were to be resculpted. I'd buy at least 7 of these, possibly more, regardless of whether or not the standard infantry Battle Droid ever gets a resculpt.

Thank you,

John

Old_Cocky
03-28-2001, 03:37 PM
Not that I wouldn't want a new Naboo Trooper, but...

This is one of the easiest customs around, boil and pop the heads off Captain Panaka and the Naboo Royal Security Guard, while hot you can pry the hats off and then swap the heads and hats. Pop the head back in a voila a Black Naboo Security and a White Scurity Officer. You will probably have to paint the back of the Panaka's Head but it works real slick.

That being said the more the better!!!

RebelTrooper
04-07-2001, 03:29 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the tip, but I don't want to have to customize in the case of actual characters from the films. I don't mind customizing to make up new characters. For instance, a Rodian jedi is something I want to make sometime. I'd just prefer to get Hasbro versions of characters that were in the movies. Besides, the Captain Panaka figures has too much of an actiony pose for my tastes. Actually, I would have preferred basic leg stances with the feet parallel to each other and with knee joints for the Naboo Royal Guard and the Naboo Royal Security figures, and they should have also come with lots of arm/wrist articulation. I think all army builders should be done that way. I really want a redone standard infantry Battle Droid though. I want to replace the ones that I have with movie accurate Battle Droid sculpts.

John