PDA

View Full Version : Figure Ideas for you, Andy!

Simdog
02-10-2001, 06:58 AM
I think that more figures from Endor are due. Not only Ewoks, but Rebels too. Since there is still lots of resculpting going on, I think Han, Chewie, Luke and R2 as Ewok Captures would be sweet. They can all come tied to their stakes. I also think a Luke (Jedi Hologram) would be awesome. Finally, a new Dagobah Luke is needed, but if you want to modify it a bit, why don't you leave his shirt on and open it a little, similar to the new Bespin Guard. After becoming tired in his training, Luke put his shirt back on.

02-15-2001, 03:45 PM
Notice that Hasbro is focusing a lot on ESB figures this year, perhaps to parallel Episode 2 coming out next year. They also released a large number of ANH figures in late 98/early 99 before Episode 1 came out. So by that rationale, we may see a huge focus on ROTJ figures in 2003 as Episode 3 is in production.

[This message has been edited by Shabby (edited 02-15-2001).]

SIENARtestPILOT
02-15-2001, 09:32 PM
Good point....

Does this mean that after Episode 2 we'll get the SOTE and EU re-sculpts, ships...cough....cough*TieDefender*cough...cough.. . and maybe a few missed characters? Sorry, something in my throat. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

Log
02-15-2001, 09:57 PM
A Luke Hologram would be nice for collectors but to everyone else it'd be a boring figure.

He couldn't come with any accessories or fight or do anything else as a holo so kids would blow him off for another character and collectors would get him and then he'd be a pegwarmer afterwards. He would be a GREAT mail-in though.

As for ideas here's some:

-Defeated Qui-Gon-Essentially a resculpt of Jedi Duel Qui-Gon but this time he has "battle damage" that's activated similarly to how the CommTech Trooper's damage was activated-cold water.

-Ephant Mon and Hermi Odle deluxe two pack-What's better than getting two big uglies in the same package?

-Ewoks-Definitely need new versions of Teebo and Chief Chirpa as well as Lumat, Paploo, and maybe a Ewokling or two.

-Madine, Dodonna, Rieekan-As stated many times before, these guys NEED to be done. Kids would buy em' since they're good guys and collectors would buy them without hesitation. PLEASE make these Generals Hasbro.

-Expanded Universe-Han and Luke from "Children Of The Jedi" disguised in Tusken Raider outfts. Also figures from Jedi Knight like Kyle, Jan Orrs, Jerec, Ron(dude who was killed by Jerec), Twilek dude with lightsabers, 8T-88 and Kyle's father would be awesome. From The Thrawn Trilogy we could use Captain Pellaeon, Jorus C'Baoth, Talon Karrde, Nogrhi warrior(s), and Winter.

-Movie figures-New Emperor's Royal Guard. The first one looks nice you just can't do anything with him. General Han w/o trenchcoat but with holster and removable blaster and possibly arms articulated in a way so they can be put behind his head like they were when he came out of the bunker. New Pilot Droid is definitely needed also since the pack-in version was horrible.

'Bout all I can think of.

------------------
Sam Gerard-"Newman, what are you doing?"
Newman-"I'm thinking."
Sam Gerard-"Well think me up a cup of coffee and a donut with some of those sprinkily things on top will ya?"-The Fugitive

02-15-2001, 10:50 PM
Collectively speaking, I think it is safe to say that the following five figures are in dire need & would sell VERY well:

1. an "ultimate" Jedi Luke figure (ala 300th Fett)
2. more aliens from Jabba's Palace (i.e. Ephant Mon, Hermi Odle, Yarna d'al Gargan)
3. a new & improved Dagobah Luke figure
4. a new & improved classic trilogy Yoda figure
5. more Ewoks (any Ewoks)

I hope you are listening!

02-16-2001, 12:21 PM
I think a new improved Luke Dagobah would be great for the deluxe line. You could include a better Yoda too, the backpack, those shipping containers of Luke's that he levitates, also that rock he levitates. Perhaps they can include a clear transparent stand to hold Luke upside down as if he's doing his meditation handstands while levitating objects.

Daigo_Bah
02-18-2001, 06:33 PM
Let me add my voice to this topic as well- all great ideas, Andy!
1) More Ewoks!!! Chirpa, Paploo, Romba, Teebo, Mother ewok/wokling, etc.
2) Rebel Military leaders: Dodonna, Riekaan, and Madine must be released!
3) Two very important Luke re-sculpts: Jedi Luke with removable cloak, either a soft goods or Mace Windu type; and a Dagobah training Luke with arm articulation for force levitation.
4) Jabba's aliens- Hermi Odle, Ephant Mon, Yarna, etc.
5) Hoth Han re-sculpt with hood up!

Simdog
02-21-2001, 04:06 PM
I forgot to mention that I believe a Hoth Han (when he was working on the Falcon; w/open coat, tools and Bespin Outfit underneath) would be different. It's not totally a resculpt. Hey, they have a Chewbaca Falcon Mechanic, why not have a Han Mechanic. What about a severely battle worn Bespin Luke after he was rescued w/ the swilver medical thing that was put over his hand? Even throw in the brown blanket.

Sithblade
02-26-2001, 12:36 AM
Here's sithblades votes:

Rebel Fleet trooper w/ in-scale sculpt, in-scale blaster, and bendable knees

R5-D4 w/ pop-up "bad" motivator (similar to the R2 data-link pop-up sensor-scope)

MORE Astromechs, Maybe even some 2-packs of Rebel Pilots w/ rem. helmets and their personal R2 units (Example: Biggs, Red Leader,etc.)

Generic Gungan Boss

Generic Imperial officer

S'about it for now. Peace http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

Simdog
02-26-2001, 04:21 PM
What about the Bounty Hunters from Docking Bay 94? Everyone seems to forget about Boelo and Gela Yeens. There is also a big fat character. If Hasbro wants to get obscure, they need to look into these figures. I must admit though, I've been thinking about how sweet a General Veers w/ holo Vader would be. Maybe mix in a removable vest and helmet. Also throw in his cap. Andy and Paul, if you're reading, that would be tight.

Simdog

red4
02-28-2001, 12:21 PM
A general Veers w/ removable vest and helmet would rock! Also, the new Han Endor should come with two sets of removable arms, like the Ultimate Soldier Xtreme Detail 3 3/4" figures. One set of arms would be "trench-coat" style and the other would be the sleeves of his shirt, so that the trenchcoat could be removable and you'd have two sets of figures.

02-28-2001, 12:58 PM
* Emperorí*s Royal Guard
* ROTJ Jabba
* R5 D4
* SOTE Guri
* SOTE Leebo
* SOTE Lando In Imperial Guard Disguise
* E1 Those Gungans that were in Boss Nassí*s Throne Room.
* Ewoks!
* Deluxe Emperor w/throne. With articualtion and soft goods ala Graxol Kelvyyn.

------------------
"There are three ways of doing things: The Right Way, the Wrong Way, and the Max Power Way"

"Isn┤*t That the Wrong Way?"

"Yes! But faster!"

-Homer and Lisa Simpson

03-01-2001, 01:01 AM
Imperial Dignitary

------------------
"There are three ways of doing things: The Right Way, the Wrong Way, and the Max Power Way"

"Isn┤*t That the Wrong Way?"

"Yes! But faster!"

-Homer and Lisa Simpson

DMESS
03-01-2001, 01:02 AM
Ewoks! We need more ewoks. Three isn't enough. We need at least 5 or 6 more. Paploo, Teebo, Chirpa, Lumat and maybe a coupel generic ones. The first two pack sold very well. The Leia 2 pack with Wicket was the best seller in that line. Collector's are no longer Ewok bashing - they've got Jar Jar for that now http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif and I think Hasbro is missing out on a sure seller. You can put me down for a bunch of them.

Sithblade
11-10-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Me:
Here's sithblades votes:

Rebel Fleet trooper w/ in-scale sculpt, in-scale blaster, and bendable knees

R5-D4 w/ pop-up "bad" motivator (similar to the R2 data-link pop-up sensor-scope)

MORE Astromechs, Maybe even some 2-packs of Rebel Pilots w/ rem. helmets and their personal R2 units (Example: Biggs, Red Leader,etc.)

Generic Gungan Boss

Generic Imperial officer

S'about it for now. Peace images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">I guess 3 outta 5 is O.K... images/icons/rolleyes.gif

11-11-2002, 12:37 PM
Notice that Hasbro is focusing a lot on ESB figures this year<font size="2" face="arial">Wow rea]lly? I never noticed that, ESB figures are the best images/icons/wink.gif

captmiloman
12-13-2002, 02:10 AM
Here's a few figure ideas:
Anchorhead Biggs Darklighter(with silk cape)
X-Wing Biggs Darklighter(with removable helmet)
General Dadonna
Smuggler Lando Calrissian(with blaster & holster)
Death Star Duel Ben Kenobi(with removable cloak & lightsaber hilt with removable blade)
Luke Skywalker(in medical robes)
Bespin Gown Leia Organa
Han Solo with carbonite block