PDA

View Full Version : A SUREFIRE Pegwarmer

PodRacer_X
02-09-2001, 07:41 AM
If the case assortments for your upcoming deluxe figures are true, allow me to save your research department thousands of dollars, and your retailers tens of thousands of dollars by stating the obvious.

First Case:
3x Luke with Bacta Tank, harness and breather mask
3x Darth Maul Crusade - Fully exposed with no shirt.

Second Case:
2x Leia with Sail Barge Cannon
2x Fan's Choice Action Figure #2 - Amanaman with Salacious Crumb
1x Luke with Bacta Tank
1x Darth Maul Crusade - Fully Exposed.

If these figures see adequate to heavy distribution, Darth Maul is a surefire pegwarmer as he is a figure nobody requested of a character who traditionally warms the pegs, and your assortment appears to be shipping him 1-1/2 times the ratio of fan-requested Amanaman. You may find your retailers have a similar problem with Luke, depending on the quality of the product.

Log
02-09-2001, 04:42 PM
I think Hasbro is shipping Amanaman in less quantities to deter from him becoming a pegwarmer.

As for Maul, well I don't know about other areas in the country but he's a sell out in my neck of the woods. Ever since Hasbro added the battle damage sticker on Final Duel Maul, he's nowhere to be found. Same thing goes for Sith Lord Maul at TRU. Maul sells out way before Ani and Obi-Wan.

I think Amamanaman's case packout could change based on A. How well he sells and B. If there is a big demand for him. Look at the Gungan Warrior, there's a big demand for him and now he's shipping two per case.

Time will tell how this all works out though.

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful, the strong, the weak. Fear is my ally"-Darth Maul

Simdog
02-10-2001, 06:51 AM
Amanaman and should be shipped in higher quantities thatn Maul. Maul will be sweet though.

Dax
02-13-2001, 09:04 PM
I still don't understand why Hasbro do this to retailers. I mean, we've seen what happens when you continue to ship assortments with old figures in them. A much better idea for this assortment would be this:

First Case:
3x Luke with Bacta Tank, harness and breather mask
3x Darth Maul Crusade - Fully exposed with no shirt.

Second Case:
3x Leia with Sail Barge Cannon
3x Fan's Choice Action Figure #2 - Amanaman with Salacious Crumb

Ship them 4 to 6 Months apart and both in reasonable quantities and you won't have any problems at all. If the distribution is good then 4 to 6 Months is plenty of time for everyone to track down the figures they want. It'll also make them hungry for the next assortment. The problem these days is that if a collector can't find it in the stores within 2 to 3 Months then chances are they'll pick it up off Ebay or from a dealer. Packing these figures in later assortments is pointless as by then everyone already has them. Just my opinion.

Dax

Rogue9Horn
02-18-2001, 07:18 PM
IMO there will be two peg warmers from these four mentioned. The Leia and the Maul. This opinion comes from my observation of the large figure hunting area I have covered here along the Gulf Coast. I'm pretty much getting tired of resculpts and am now concentrating on figs that have not been done before.