PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca with damaged C-3PO

Matt_D
06-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Just got this today, and man it's pretty sweet. He can be posed pretty well with the 9 points of articulation, and the likeness is really really good. The netpack and C-3PO are just too cool as pack-ins. 3PO's head lights up when attached to the body and that is a cool little extra that they didn't have to put in.
Overall grade 9 out of 10. For $4.77 plus tax, don't pass this one up!

Darth_MTV
06-19-2002, 09:05 PM
I give the figure a 9.8 out of 10, the .2 being taken off for lack of waist and knee articulations, cause then he would be perfect with them.

This is the best Chewie ever. he sculpitng and paint are top notch, his eyes look real good (black) and his mouth is slightly open perfectly, it's not too open to make him look like he's constantly growling, but open just enough. The detail on the tongue and teeth are amazing, they nailed it.
The paint is great not overdone but not totally absent either, the right amount of grey highlights in the right areas.

He's the tallest Chewie yet, just beating out Mechanic Chewie by a hair, but he seems more broad than Mechanic Chewie also. He also doesn't have that happy look that Mechanic Chewie has.

The articulation is wonderful; they finally managed to make a Chewie who can turn his head (slightly) despite all the sculpted fur around his neck, and it doesn't look stupid either. He can even tilt his head far backwards and a little upwards, so he can growl up to the heavens or talk down to anyone shorter than him (well...everyone really). Ball-jointed shoulders are amazing and tight, don't seem like they'll get loose anytime soon. Elbow and wrist articulation make him perfect for holding his guns casually or for shooting in any direction. And I tried putting the long stormtrooper gun with him and his bowcaster and both fit and look superb on him.

My only gripes:
-his hair is too smoothed back, he looks more like Chewie from ANH than from the scene in ESB.
-Net bag is too big, I have trouble fitting it on him with 3PO.
-3PO's light up thingie sucks, his eyes don't even light up that much.

GET THIS FIGURE NOW

stylie_steve
06-20-2002, 01:01 AM
I glad this figure hasn't gone over board in the articulation. Its amount is perfect, Knee joints almost always look ugly on star wars figures with a few exceptions and at last we have a chewie hows only peice of clothing isn't split in 2 due to wasit articulation.

He can even hold that damm tiny gun ( to him anyway ) in 2 hands which is amazing. The only gripe is the bag IS a little too big so it hangs to low on chewies back.

Over all its excellent and should get 9.9 this one and Dooku are my 2 favourtive saga figures now with Luke Bespin coming in as the runner up.

Darth_MTV
06-21-2002, 03:00 AM
"Dooku"??
Man, Dooku sucks donkey nuts to me. He's just OKAY. Wassup with his left hand? Why did they decide to put it in that pose? That really bothers me cause they could've easily put it in a pose that makes him look like he's shooting lightning, or gave him wrist movement on that arm also. But NOoooo, some fools at Hasbro couldn't think of that huh.
I hope they redo him.

Fett413
06-21-2002, 11:29 AM
Chewbacca is AWESOME!!!! Chewie is a top notch figure that everyone should own. The best Chewie likeness to date has outstanding articulation, superb paint, great sculpting and very cool accessories (break-apart 3PO with light up feature...nuff said). I love this figure. A+

Chewbacca
06-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Post Chewie picks, please

06-26-2002, 05:46 AM
This chewie kicks ****!

It's by far the best one yet and his articulation is perfect! The light up C3P0 is cool too.

Do yourself a favour and buy him if you haven't already! images/icons/smile.gif

06-26-2002, 05:47 AM
This chewie kicks ****!

It's by far the best one yet and his articulation is perfect! The light up C3P0 is cool too.

Do yourself a favour and buy him if you haven't already! images/icons/smile.gif

06-26-2002, 05:49 AM
Dam double post! images/icons/grin.gif

Nerfherder
06-26-2002, 11:46 AM
I love the Chewie. Easily the best Chewie yet.

But I do not like the C-3P0 and bag. The bag is too big, hangs too low. I cant get the torso piece and the junk piece to fit right inside it.
The two pieces arent quite right, because in the movie C-3P0 has his right arm attached by the time he makes it onto Chewie's back.
And the head will not clamp down onto the body. There's a springy piece inside that keeps it from staying put. Maybe its just the one I got.
But anyways after about an hour of messing around with it, I gave up and put the c-3p0 and bag back in his bubble. I will use the C-3P0 with removable limbs if I want him carrying Goldenrod.

Force_Guy
06-26-2002, 02:37 PM
That last post summed it up best. This version of Chewie is easily the best to date, especially with all the added articulation & such. But the blaster damaged C-3PO figure bites the big one! At first I thought the light-up feature would be pretty cool. But the head doesn't even snap into the torso right (probably to prevent the batteries from going out prematurely) & the cargo net sucks.