PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Kit Fisto review

04-18-2002, 07:01 PM
It looks like the next few weeks will be mighty busy, so I thought I'd get a couple reviews up now before I get buried in new toys.

First up, the new AOTC Jedi Knight Kit Fisto. I found a whole bunch of the new figures at a local Kohl's - I hadn't thought they even carried toys, but followed a tip and sure enough, there they were. Kit isn't the best of the bunch, but he wasn't the worst either. His review ended up reflecting this, with a mediocre overall score. The preposed position isn't that bad, but his sculpt really doesn't match the source material very well.

And not that you guys care, but also up today is a review of the new Simpsons Clickers from Rocket USA. I have no idea what the actual purpose of these things is, other than to drive people insane, but they sure look good! Check out both reviews at:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_INDEX.htm

Michael
MWC

Vigilant
04-19-2002, 11:59 AM
I don't have much to add to it. I just wanted to say thank you for the great review.

[ 04-19-2002, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: ViceGripX ]

Fett413
04-25-2002, 10:29 AM
Great review as always Michael, but I'm afraid I have to disagree with you a bit.

I think Kit is way above average. Sure, he doesn't really match the photo as much as he probably should, but it looks as if it's for the better. The photo Kit looks a little bland and boring, while the figure Kit is dynamic and fierce.

I pretty much hate all of this new karate-chop/spinning arms action crap the figures are coming with now. However, Kit's chop action is not too bad. In fact, when he holds the saber with both hands, his left arm won't spring back.

I usually don't care for pre-posed statue figures either, but although Kit is standing with his legs splayed out, he's still very much a playable action figure (unlike say Shaak-Ti or Luminaria--BTW, both nice figs, just too pre-posed).

I just think Kit is a very cool figure and he's one of the better surprises I got when I opened him up. I had expected him to be just another Jedi but with a cool looking head. Instead, I think he's one of the best Jedi produced in the series. "A"

04-25-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Fett413:

I just think Kit is a very cool figure and he's one of the better surprises I got when I opened him up. I had expected him to be just another Jedi but with a cool looking head. Instead, I think he's one of the best Jedi produced in the series. "A"<font size="2" face="arial">We agree once again. This was a rare moment for me when I actually liked an alien Jedi. Like you said , He looks ready to fight. The picture looks like he is about to fall asleep. I also like the gold lightsaber handle. I would rank him as one of the best figures so far. Definitely in my top 5.