PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Beru

04-12-2002, 04:30 PM
well, I don't know, I just wanted to start a new review topic. So why not da good ol'Aunt Beru!? Often forgot as a very nice figure, with a dead-on likeness and sculpt. Now, why hell is Uncle Owen?? I mean, a REAL uncle Owen, not a drunk homeless lookin' figure with a useless pose...

Whatya guys think?

04-14-2002, 01:06 PM
I guess this figure does the character justice. But I just couldn't bring myself to buy this one. I mean come on ...Aunt Beru ? The figure definetly was popular around here. I have only seen one in stores ever....at a K-Mart and it wasn't even in the toy section. Some collector probably picked it up and then changed his mind at the last minute. He probably had a revelation: "Iam about to put out 6 bucks for a figure of Aunt Beru" He then gently laid the figure down and ran out the door hoping no one saw him.

[ 04-14-2002, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Dark Raider ]

04-15-2002, 08:29 AM
I must agree that visulaly, it's a pretty lame figure... But for fans it's a great one!

Fett413
05-02-2002, 11:26 AM
I have to agree with both of you on this one. Aunt Beru is an outstanding figure with a great sculpt and superior likeness. Unfortunately, she's Aunt Beru...how exciting, I can't wait to have Aunt Beru battling Darth Vader utilizing Mauls double-bladed saber. Um, yeah, anyway, I really like Beru and she's a great addition to my collection.

BTW, Sebastian909, Uncle Owen is not a homeless drunk, he's just a drunk who doesn't bathe often. I mean he does own his own moisture farm.

jcecil
05-03-2002, 12:18 AM
I was glad the figure came out and picked her up first chance I got. Blue milk included.

But in hindsight, I wish they would have released the other post-stormtooper-attack version. They could have called it Beru-B-Q images/icons/grin.gif . To this day I still hold out hope that we will someday have a two-pack of Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen charred to a crisp. Considering they actually made Bacta Tank Luke, or as I call him, Luke-ina-diaper, then I think anything is possible.

05-03-2002, 09:18 AM
eheh, yeah the infamous bluuuue milk!! images/icons/wink.gif And fo' the Beru-B-Q, take the skeleton packed with Amanaman!! The results are pretty fun!

Nerfherder
05-14-2002, 05:58 PM
But you forget, the best part of the Aunt Beru figure is the treadwell droid. Where else can you get a treadwell droid?

Alex_Salazar
05-14-2002, 06:30 PM
I guess we will have a new Aunt Beru before she was šAuntš, sooner or later but it will come as she is seen in AOTC.

Swiss_Army_R5
05-14-2002, 08:24 PM
Hmm it would have been intersting if Aunt Beru came with the figure we've seen and her corpse. And Owen came with his corpse.

Heh but little Johnnys mother wouldnt let him buy the figure of the mean lady who comes with a dead body. Oh well little johnny wouldn't buy her anyways.