PDA

View Full Version : Preview Jango Fett

03-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Thumbs up. Not bad....It's no 300th Boba Fett but its not bantha fodder either. Good sculpt, good detail. The main problem I have with this figure is the bent legs. I hate these bent leg poses. I say either give them straight legs or G.I. Joe articulation. He definetly would have looked a lot better in the blue packaging. I'm sick to death of looking at that puke green crap ! images/icons/mad.gif !It would have been nice if they could have went ahead and used the blue cards for the preview figures...

[ 04-14-2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Dark Raider ]

Dack_Ralter_Rules
03-25-2002, 08:45 PM
More than the bent legs, i hate the bent GUNS! I bought mine over a week ago and STILL bending back into place. Overall not a bad figure, made for display i think. The Jango Kamino Escape is going to be better because of the Grappling Hook, removable helmet, and the 2 holsters.

04-01-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Dack_Ralter_Rules:
.......the Grappling Hook, removable helmet, and the 2 holsters.<font size="2" face="arial">images/icons/shocked.gif
Sounds great. images/icons/grin.gif

QGJim
04-01-2002, 02:08 PM
Jango is really cool...I agree on the bent guns. I hope that they decide to use better (stronger) plastic on the future weapons. I understand why they are that way but it is a drag. I am on the fence as far as the dynamic posing... The next Jango looks cool but there is one thing that bothers me: When I get a Slave 1 to go with my Jedi Starfighter, they will both be pilotless for a while because none of the upcoming Jango's appear that they will fit. Same goes for the fighter until that Obi-Wan comes out...

04-01-2002, 04:53 PM
We will see many Jango Fett variations before its all said and done. I'm sure at least 50 of them will be able to fit in your slave- 1 images/icons/grin.gif

Not all at once ofcourse images/icons/shocked.gif

04-02-2002, 10:46 AM
Preview jangos hands are crap because the guns fall out if you take the elastic bands off. He still looks great next to POTF2 boba though. images/icons/smile.gif

Jango_Fettish
04-02-2002, 10:51 AM
The guns on mine did not fall out, and I cut the bands off. Maybe it differs from figure to figure..?

Sepster
04-05-2002, 03:47 PM
The guns for mine are bent and keep falling out. I think I'm going to try the "heat-up and flash-freeze" method to straighten out the guns. Other than that I like the figure

04-06-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Dark Hybrid:
The guns on mine did not fall out, and I cut the bands off. Maybe it differs from figure to figure..?<font size="2" face="arial">My jango figure has hands that have fingers and thumb spread wide apart so he cant grip anything. I took the elastic bands off to give him a green lightsaber, but he couldnt grip that either. images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/smile.gif

JediMike1128
04-07-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Dark Raider:
We will see many Jango Fett variations before its all said and done. I'm sure at least 50 of them will be able to fit in your slave- 1 images/icons/grin.gif

Not all at once ofcourse images/icons/shocked.gif <font size="2" face="arial">I think Jango Fett is the Darth Maul in Episode II merchandise.

04-09-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by JediMike393:
I think Jango Fett is the Darth Maul in Episode II merchandise.[/QB]<font size="2" face="arial">No doubt about it

[ 04-09-2002, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Dark Raider ]

Darth_Helmet
04-15-2002, 07:39 AM
The preview Jango, in spite of its shortcomings (floppy guns, no additional articulation, guns not staying in the hands well) is still really, really cool. And I do have to rank it above the Kamino Escape version because you can still see Jango's neck no matter how you position his helmet. The other really cool thing about Preview Jango is that you can attach the blaster effects to the jetpack, as well.

Overall, I'm not a big fan of these dynamic poses. While they effectively "strike a pose," they're not as functional. Specifically, you can't fit them in any vehicles, for example:

1. Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase won't fit in the Jedi Starfighter.
2. Neither Jango Fett fits in Slave I.
3. Anakin Skywalker Outland Peasant Disguise doesn't fit in his Speeder.
4. Zam Wessel doesn't fit in her Speeder.

I ended up putting Wedge from the Millenium Falcon case in Anakin's Speeder, and I have yet to find a figure to fit properly in Zam's.

Great looking products, but not much "playability." They're mostly for display, it seems.

gMt
04-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Darth Helmet:
2. Neither Jango Fett fits in Slave I.
<font size="2" face="arial">I've read several times that the preview Jango DOES fit in the new Slave I cockpit. Of course, I haven't found the ship yet to judge for myself, but several posts on these forums confirms that he will fit.

05-02-2002, 03:26 AM
My Kamino Jango fits in the Saga Slave 1. The front seat has lots of leg room, something that can't be said for the back two. I had to squeeze young Boba's legs to get him into the back.

-Chris