PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Freeze Chamber playset

05-31-2001, 10:26 AM
How is this? Was thinking of ordering it but want to make sure it is worth it. It looks cool, granted, but I just wanted others opinions. Thanks.

K

http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

------------------
"If he brings a knife, you bring a gun. If he puts one of yours in the hospital, you put one of his in the morgue."

Matt_Fury
05-31-2001, 07:11 PM
I got it from the fan club and I like it a lot! It's got some pretty neat features, and a lot of playability....it reminds me of the vintage playsets a bit. The only thing I don't like about it is the large gun that goes on the top....I just never attached it.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

gMt
05-31-2001, 07:18 PM
I finally got mine out tonight and put it together. I don't want to rehash what everyone else has said, but I'm pretty pleased with it.

As MattFuy said, it has great playability with the "carbon freeze" feature. It also looks better than the pictures I've seen--nicer detailing and paint. My only complaint is, it's a little small. The diorama I've set up looks really cool, albeit crowded. Plus, I'm constantly nervous that some of the figures are going to fall over, causing a cascade/domino effect.

All things considered, though, a pretty nice addition to the line and worth the trouble (and wait) to get it.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that if you want this set just for the Bespin Guard, save your money. It SUCKS. One of the worst offerings EVER since Hasbro re-introduced the line. I can't believe they don't have more shame than that. A truly pathetic figure that takes away from the general quality of the playset.

[This message has been edited by Grand Matt Tarkin (edited 05-31-2001).]