PDA

View Full Version : Jek Porkins..another loser

05-29-2001, 04:36 PM
The figure is too fat to fit in my X-Wing ! The character was only in the movie for a few secondss then he got blown to bits. What a waste of plastic ! They could have created another Pilot from the trench battle other than this fatso !

Fett413
05-30-2001, 08:10 AM
I'm glad someone is on the same page as me. I have never understood why SW collectors wanted this figure so badly. Therefore, I ask: Why did we do Porkins petitions? Why was it so imperitive to make this pig? What have we really gained by getting Hasbro to make this guy? Which "awesome" figure will we request next?

Now that I'm done complaining, I will review my Porkins figure:
Idea = F Sculpt = B+ Likeness = C Uniqueness in the line = A Overall = B-

As you can see, I think Hasbro did a pretty decent job executing this figure and overall I like him. However, I would have NEVER requested this figure be made. In addition, my collection would remain satisfying without him. Just my 2 cents though.

P.S. For those of you out there that needed a BoShek figure so badly, I shake my head in disgust.

PodRacer_X
05-30-2001, 09:02 AM
Porkins is one of my favorite POTJ figures so far. Why is he so cool? If you have to ask, you'll never understand!

05-30-2001, 09:19 AM
Why is so many people nuts about Anaman???? Who knows, but I would prefer Porkins over him, at least he had dialogue and took part on the assault...I do not see anything wrong with the figure.

------------------
Over?? Was it over when the Germans bombed Perl HarboR!!!?? Hell no! - Bluto Blutarski

rmschneider104
05-30-2001, 10:40 AM
I, too, like the figure. I wanted him early on and picked him up as soon as he hit the pegs. I'm a sucker for such cool things like extra Pilots, Imperials, droids, and aliens. I'll take a Red 6 figure any day over another Luke or Chewie figure.

amanamanaman
05-30-2001, 10:52 AM
Saying that the Porkins figure sucks because it's from a fat character is just plain mean.

Matt_Fury
05-30-2001, 06:37 PM
I'll go on record to say I like this figure. I never requested him or signed any petition for him...but it's a good sculpt and a recognizable character from the movies.

My only gripe is that I can;t get him to fit in my X-wing no matter how hard I try.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

jwickjedi
05-31-2001, 07:10 PM
Dark Raider HAS to be mean though......He is a RAIDER FAN!!!!!!!!! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif I like this fig because it separates from the others....the other pilots are handsome, slim, they look like me you know.....but Hasbro has got to be PC, so they decided to make a pilot that some collector can relate too!!!! By the way, Porkin's hate for the Empire was bigger than the size of his stomach....(kind of hard to believe ya think)...you got to love this guy!!!!!!!!

05-31-2001, 10:54 PM
Hey Wick !

How many Super Bowls has your team WON ?
Mine has won THREE

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!!!!

jwickjedi
05-31-2001, 11:30 PM
heeeeyyyyyyyy.......why do you have to be so................M E A N ! Typical of a Raider fan.......4 bowls...in a row......and not one ring....ouch...but I love em.....Plan on watching them vs. SD in October.....When the Bills finally win one..I will give up STAR WARS for good!!!! I guess I will be a lifelong SW fan, hey!!
COuld use of few Porkins on my O line...maybe Jabba could be my center.....that way Robbie could have time to throw the damn ball, and get intercepted!!
You love it don't you DR......you meanie!!!

Sith_Lord_Cosmo
06-07-2001, 06:41 AM
I think they made Porkins so all the overweight scalpers would have a figure they can relate to http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif. But that's just my opinion.

Personally, I don't mind Porkins. I think Hasbro did a pretty good job with him.

------------------
Kramer
http://crackhouse.8k.com
"Who's scuffy looking?"
-Han Solo

06-07-2001, 07:45 AM
I like Porkins, he's well made. His head is well sculpted. He's a figure for fans, not really for kids. I like odscure characters and backgrounds characters so I like Porkins!! ;-)

06-09-2001, 12:42 AM
Not really Wick , I like the Bills. They are light years away from the Raiders ofcourse. The Bills have made some really dumb decisions as of late. Benching Doug Flutie during the playoffs when he is the one that got you there comes to mind right off the bat. Ofcourse I still havent forgiven the Raiders for drafting a kicker as their first pick in last years draft ! Al Davis needs to be in a nursing home !

GNT
06-19-2001, 01:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sith Lord Cosmo:
I think they made Porkins so all the overweight scalpers would have a figure they can relate to http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif. But that's just my opinion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

He should at least come with a bucket of FFC chicken!