PDA

View Full Version : Chewie Mechanic and Leia Bespin...

Rogue9Horn
02-15-2001, 07:40 PM
I haven't taken these out of the package so I can only give an in place opinion. I like the new scaled versions. Chewie towers over Leia and the other figs. I like this version much better. Leia looks better but I don't think they will ever get her right. She is definitely a 500% improvement over the first one that looked like Han in drag. That's my 2 cents.

02-15-2001, 10:37 PM
I found these figures today at my local Wal Mart & opened them as soon as I got home. My review is as follows:

Mechanic Chewbacca - Hasbro finally made a Chewie figure to scale! This figure is awesome! The sculpt is great & the accessories are pretty cool (except for the fact that they are made out of real crappy, rubbery plastic). My only gripe with this figure is the fact that you cannot turn his head at all. However, this new Chewie figure is the best to date IMO (even better than Mynock Chewie).

Bespin Escape Leia - If you plan on buying this figure to open, be warned. This figure is scaled way too short! When you stand this figure next to R2, a Jawa, or an Ugnaught, she only stands taller by a head's length! The sculpt is awesome & the outfit is very detailed. But the height issue is just troublesome. Her imperial blasters aren't scaled correctly either (again, too small). When you pair up a regular Stormtrooper blaster & the imperial blaster Leia comes with, the Stormy blaster is bigger by a long shot. Further evidence that they scaled the figure way too small. I would've passed on this figure had I only known....

02-17-2001, 01:29 AM
I picked both of these up today. While they are closer in scale to any figures of their likenesses released so far... it just doesn't work for me.

Part of the problem is that SO many SW figs are way out of scale. This is a problem in and of itself, but when you put in-scale figures next to them, it makes them all look even more ridiculous.

Chewbacca towers over everybody by A LOT. It just looks silly. He almost looks like a figure from a different scale. Admittedly, he should be about that tall, but it just doesn't seem to look right.

Leia is the opposite... she looks too small.

Maybe it will just take time to adjust...

They look nice on their own, though.

02-20-2001, 10:16 PM
Corak I totally agree.The vader is also suppose to be about the same size a Chewbacca.If they re-make him he'll look like goliath next to luke! > http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif

On the plus side with the new Chewbacca we finally got a figure of sasscwatch!(Big foot)