PDA

View Full Version : Chancellor Valorum and Royal Senate Guard 12" 2 pack Fan Club Exclusive...*whew*

01-29-2001, 12:00 PM
I realize this is an old topic on some now, old figures but since I just receieved mine from a seller on Ebay, I though I'd give my impressions on this badboy.

I honestly have to say that first off all, this isn't a "badboy." While it looks pretty and all, what Hasbro was thinking in terms of value, I can't imagine! The outfits on this piece do look nice and Valorums coat is well taylored. The head sculpt is a very close resemblence but that's about all I have to say that's nice about this piece.

Complaint #1: Valorum's body. I've always hated the old Hasbro bodies with the zero articulation in the figures elbow area and twisting done at the shoulder. We're like 4 years now into Hasbro using the newer bodies with complete (in Hasbro terms) articulation and they go back to this body?!

Complaint #2: Another reused body. The senate Guard is, of course, just a Blue Emporers Royal Guard with a different head. Okay, it comes with a gun but how's he supposed to shoot this rifle with one hand?

Complaint #3: Guard's head. Why is is sculpted straight to the helmet? Was it too hard for them to cut out the face area and place the helmet on top of another head?

Complaint #4: The original price. $80.00??? This is unreal! This piece is maybe worth the $34.00 I bought it for but would of been more so if I caught it for the $14.00 at KB. But why Hasbro had to mark it up 50% because it's a fan club exclusive is a total joke!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I have it but it just makes me mad that Hasbro takes such advantage of it's fans by charging so much for something that offers almost nothing new in this package.

------------------
You know, sometimes I even manage to amaze myself.

02-22-2001, 05:03 PM
Im with you Borst. $80.00!? Not even a 40" 2 pack (if it wxisted) is worth that.

------------------
"There are three ways of doing things: The Right Way, the Wrong Way, and the Max Power Way"

"Isn*t That the Wrong Way?"

"Yes! But faster!"

-Homer and Lisa Simpson