PDA

View Full Version : Ultarama reviews?

jwickjedi
12-31-2000, 12:10 PM
Anybody have a review on this display...it sounded pretty legit...I ordered a pair. Any suggestions on how to display them, stack them, etc...Anybody own one, or two...Let me know what to expect when I receive mine!

JediTricks
01-01-2001, 05:26 AM
I own a standard one (that's the normal 2-level version), it's pretty strong, the instructions are kinda needlessly complicated, but the actual construction is a breeze. The darn thing only comes with 48 POTF2/POTJ pegs to fill the 80 holes, but more pegs are like $2 for a baggie. The hole layout is kinda odd, leaving you with a few oddball gaps in between figures and virtually no way to do a standard Imperial line-up, but it's not a huge problem and moving figures around is simple since the pegs stay in the figures' feet-holes instead of in the stand. This also makes the stand nearly unbreakable, a major concern for me when I got mine. All in all, I fully plan on ordering a 2nd "plastic only" version, as well as more pegs. I enjoy the display a lot, although it's cardboard stuff is unneccessary for me since I can always make my own versions.

------------------
Mark Hamill's initial reaction to reading the Star Wars script (http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/lukeguy.htm)

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

jwickjedi
01-12-2001, 05:05 PM
I received mine a week ago...I noticed that some of the figures feet holes do not fit flushly...the pegs fit loose, could this be because I used those action stands prior to using my Ultaram pegs, thus making their feet holes a bit wider...food for thought...Is there anyway I could correct this?