PDA

View Full Version : Aurra Sing 12"

10-01-2000, 06:25 AM
I just bought The Masterpiece set with book and Aurra Sing yesterday and The sing Character is fairly detailed and has nice accessorization, but the price is totally out of line. I mean the Anakin was $55.00 in 98, then the C-3po was $65.00 in 99, now Sing is $75.00 in 2000 come on guys why go up 10.00 each year and the figs are getting less quality to boot. The anakin was a whopping 14" tall with cloth accessories and a totally nes body sculpt. C-3po was made using modified molds from his 12" 97' predecessor. And Now Sing was made using an almost unposable barbiesq type body who when you read the book they tell you was taken from the Padme' fig. Although the figure is good if it had more articulation it would have been great. Also you can take her right out of the box she isnt held in by anything more than a plastic case that pops open and close. I wont be surprised if one or more winds up missing>??? at any rate good luck finding her but swallow hard and feel hasbro's greedy shaft penetrating you when you reach for your wallet. Were all getting it in the end here from Hasbro such a greedy company!

jedicrippler
10-01-2000, 08:40 PM
You're wrong about the pricing. All of the MEs have been $75 regular price. With various discounts (both in store or on-line) they can get as cheap as $35 (that's what I paid for Aurra this weekend).

------------------
"Careful you idiot! I said across her nose, not up it!"
Dark Helmet - Spaceballs

JediTricks
10-02-2000, 12:45 AM
Anakin wasn't a new body type, just new to Star Wars, it was a "masterpiece" body from G.I. Joe from a few years before, and is now woefully outclassed by many other companies.

------------------
In the immortal words of Darth Vader, "yippee!"

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor